408 Magnum stroker HEAD HELP!

-

Woods74

Broke Senior
Reaction score
Looking to feel a better outcome on a set of heads for my 408 Magnum block I'm building. Getting frustrated with the lack of options and cost. Trick Flow 190 with PRW oil-thru rockers and new pushrods look like the best bet. Geometry issues? I looked at the Edelbrock 61775 which they want more for still have to buy rockers and pushrods hearing lack luster flow and QC what's the point? I have harland sharp magnum rockers but can't use them now because I dropped a valve on my RHS heads and those are discontinued. What about the Speedmaster heads?

What minimum parts do I need to make this fly? I'm about to say f*** it and throw out my SBM stuff and put in a LS. I'm sick of carrying the mopar lovers cross. Help a brother out, I'm not enjoying this process.

Later!

Last edited:
Call Chris a performance injection equipment in Delaware. He makes CNC iron heads for 408 that he built out of magnum blocks.

I put the Eldelbrock Rpm heads on my 408 and they work great. They use sbc rockers and they have the push rod length already figured out.

They have been on the car for 2 years and have had no issues. I’ve gotten several comments on how quiet the run. I’m guessing that I’m in the 450 hp range

Looking to feel a better outcome on a set of heads for my 408 Magnum block I'm building. Getting frustrated with the lack of options and cost. Trick Flow 190 with PRW oil-thru rockers and new pushrods look like the best bet. Geometry issues? I looked at the Edelbrock 61775 which they want more for still have to buy rockers and pushrods hearing lack luster flow and QC what's the point? I have harland sharp magnum rockers but can't use them now because I dropped a valve on my RHS heads and those are discontinued. What about the Speedmaster heads?

What minimum parts do I need to make this fly? I'm about to say f*** it and throw out my SBM stuff and put in a LS. I'm sick of carrying the mopar lovers cross. Help a brother out, I'm not enjoying this process.

Later!
For an ootb set of heads the trick flows are gonna be tough to beat.

Or go with a set of SM or Eddie's and have them worked.

I’m sure they are outstanding heads but my setup was considerably less expensive without having to use the Harland Sharp rocker arm setup

Later!
I have the trickflow heads, prw 1.6 Rockers and oil through push rods on my 2000 360 magnum block. I used the kit from Mike at B3 Racing to correct the push rod angle. The 360 has been runing great for over 2 years and sees 6500-7000 RPM when I race it

I have the trickflow heads, prw 1.6 Rockers and oil through push rods on my 2000 360 magnum block. I used the kit from Mike at B3 Racing to correct the push rod angle. The 360 has been runing great for over 2 years and sees 6500-7000 RPM when I race it

Do you have an engine build post on this engine and what does it run.

You can drill the magnum block and run LA heads and valve train?

Do you have an engine build post on this engine and what does it run.
I think i add a post to the 11 second post. It's not very fast. But my 91/96 dakotas best pass so far has been 11.20 in the 1/4 at 116 and 7.12 at 96.8 in the 1/8. It's a 2000 360 magnum engine. Has stock bore, stock crank and stock rods. Has arp rod bolts and KB107 pistions. Comp 555 lift solid cam. The trickflow heads, at the time I had a ported indy single plane intake and a holley 650 DP molded to flow close to 800cfm.engine has right at 11.1 compression and is raced on 93 pump gas.

I think i add a post to the 11 second post. It's not very fast. But my 91/96 dakotas best pass so far has been 11.20 in the 1/4 at 116 and 7.12 at 96.8 in the 1/8. It's a 2000 360 magnum engine. Has stock bore, stock crank and stock rods. Has arp rod bolts and KB107 pistions. Comp 555 lift solid cam. The trickflow heads, at the time I had a ported indy single plane intake and a holley 650 DP molded to flow close to 800cfm.engine has right at 11.1 compression and is raced on 93 pump gas.

Heck ya post up.

I’m sure they are outstanding heads but my setup was considerably less expensive without having to use the Harland Sharp rocker arm setup
Yeah the trick flows are tough to pull the trigger on when the price of the special rockers gets factored in. Not saying they aren't worth it, but they are definitely not budget friendly.

Nice work. Seems a lot of folks have forgotten how much power a good 360 combo can make.

Yeah the trick flows are tough to pull the trigger on when the price of the special rockers gets factored in. Not saying they aren't worth it, but they are definitely not budget friendly.
You can use the Trickflow heads with out having to buy the $$$$ Harlandsharp rockers. With the latter year magnums . You just have to use a rocker that will allow push rod oiling. I am useing the PRW 1.6 Roller rockers. I think there is a member, with I think a white dart that is useing trickflow heads with comp 1.5 rockers and push rod oiling.

Nice work. Seems a lot of folks have forgotten how much power a good 360 combo can make.
Thank you. It's not very fast, but I think it runs pretty good for a junk yard engine. I call my Truck the Pro-Junk Yard Dakota. Lol if it ever quits freaking raining I hope to try out the tunnelram soon. Then the new to me 8 inch 5800 stall torque converter.

I know I am a few days behind replying here . I am also building a 408 using a magnum block . I went with performance world bare castings (had the +.100 valves from a previous opps) And a set of speed master 1.5 shaft mount rockers and oil thru pushrods . The reason i went bare castings is i am running a solid roller . When you look at the flow numbers performance world is very close to trick flow. The speedmaster rockers have the oil holes for lubrication of the shaft . Cost on the bare castings was 1700 for the pair Canadian

Performance World

PW.jpg

PW3.jpg

PW2.jpg

If this helps ~ I built a 408 on a LA 360 with Eddy Magnum closed chamber heads (drilled for the LA pattern) with LS rockers (1.6 ratio) then port matched by Hughes to an AirGap. Good combo and easy.

-
Back