408 rwhp dyno

-

bryan340

Reaction score
Anyone dyno their 408 on a chassis dyno ? I did mine 4 weeks ago and the result was 391 hp and 389 lb ft. Motor is 10.5 to 1 ported, 2.02 eddies m-1 intake, 750 holley hp and bullit hydraulic solid 282 -292 @108. Also it was a mustang dyno.

Haven't yet but hope to within a couple weeks. I'll let you know what it does.

BTW: your cam either has to be hydraulic or solid. Can't be both.

No, I just use the race track as my dyno. One of these days I would like to get my junk to a dyno just for grins. My engine is very similar to yours, but judging from my ET and MPH, I would guess it is between 430 and 440 hp at the wheels.

Awesome purpleness, flyfish.

Haven't yet but hope to within a couple weeks. I'll let you know what it does.

BTW: your cam either has to be hydraulic or solid. Can't be both.
That was a brain cramp, hyd. flat. All in all I am very pleased, car has great street manners, with the 4-speed it feels alot quicker than my quarter mile time slip shows.

what is the cam size @ 50? and the lift? and any flow numbers?

what is the cam size @ 50? and the lift? and any flow numbers?
238 242 @ .050 No numbers on heads previous owner told me they were ported by hughes, engine builder said they were 2.02 valve and had a very nice port job done to them. Wish I had more info!

Attachments

• duster 2.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 603
That makes me very excited. Im going to have RHS heads ported and a bigger cam like 251 259 @ 50 so Im hoping for at least 400-420 to the ground!

Great M.P.H.! Should idle nicely,mild cam for a stroker.Hope you hook it up,119 in the traps says easy 11.40/11.30s to me.Enjoy it!

That was a brain cramp, hyd. flat. All in all I am very pleased, car has great street manners, with the 4-speed it feels alot quicker than my quarter mile time slip shows.

LOL... I figured as much. At 119 mph you should be a good .75 second quicker in the 1/4. Having a hard time getting it to hook with the stick? It looks super nice. Do you know exactly what cam that is?

119 mph should be good for almost 11 teens

Should be in the low-mid 1.5 range for 60's if it's leaving well

Mike if your excited than I'm really excited hopefully my cam isn't too much but my flow numbers are at a pretty high cfm me and you are gonna have to go at it you might get me off the line with your automatic tho gotta get the right rear suspension to hook and tiresw of course

Yup, your car IS a lot quicker than the time slip shows. With that 119 MPH trap speed you should be deep in the 11's with sticky tires, a good launch and banging gears...but that is the thing that kills those 4 speeds. I would just enjoy it on the street.

One of these years I want to put my 4 speed back in my Barracuda (after I get done with the racing itch)...that just looks like TOO MUCH fun :D....I love manual transmissions. :burnout:

How much does a 4 speed take compared to about 20% for an auto? My 904 / 416 probably makes 400 RWP based on 20% loss so your stroker sounds like it is making 500 HP like most with that comp do.

How much does a 4 speed take compared to about 20% for an auto? My 904 / 416 probably makes 400 RWP based on 20% loss so your stroker sounds like it is making 500 HP like most with that comp do.

Looks like 500hp to me also..I wonder if he ever had it dyno tuned...hmmm :-k

My best 60 ft is 1.90, I don't rev it to the moon and dump it. I load it a little roll out and hammer it, second gear it will spin some. I am running m/t drag radials, on the car always.. Every tenth in the 60 is 2 tenths in the quarter, I know I have some work to do! Will try and post dyno w/ cam card. Wanted to add that my ignition system consists of a mopar perf. electronic ignition with no msd and 8.5 mm wires. Anyone know if it's worth it to upgrade, I have a new msd pro billet e-curve, am alittle afraid of messing with it.

That cam to me anyways looks similar to the Xs282 by Comp that I ran in my 360 for a little while.

Anyone have ignition advice ? Also if I did a cam change (once dart is finished) what would be a recomendation and how many horse it may yield ? thanks!

Tune what you have,I would kill to have a low maintenence 11.0 ride,good luck.

-
Back