408 stroker build --help

-

surefire

Reaction score
Hey fellas, i am hgearing alot about the 340--360 stroker builds make big hp and tons of torque. I am wanting to buy a 68-69 dart and would love this kind of motor in it. If someone can recommend a company that builds this motors for a resonable price , please, let me know. Or anyone have experience with these motors. Thankx!

443 HP @ 5800 rpm
460 Ft lbs Torq @ 4100 rpm

Camshaft - Hydraulic Roller (Cam Motion)
Duration Intake: 242
Duration Exhaust: 248
Lift Intake: 570
Lift Exhaust: 562
Lobe Separation: 110
Centerline (Installed): 105.5

Valve Springs: Comp Cams (994-16)

Crankshaft, Cast (Eagle) Internally Balanced Stroke 4.000
Pistons (Wiseco) PN: WISPT036H3
Bore: 4.030
Dish: 20cc
Compression Ratio: 9.9:1

Iron heads; casting # 4448308
Combustion Chamber Volume: 65cc; 2.02" Intake; 1.60" Exhaust

Flow Numbers
Intake Exhaust
0.100 Lift 64 50
0.200 Lift 132 98
0.300 Lift 184 136
0.400 Lift 226 175
0.500 Lift 254 189
0.600 Lift 247 196

Carburetor (Pro Systems Pro Series - XE)
Holley 4150 HP Main Body
Front Jets 78
Accelerator Pump 50 cc
Rear Jets 88
Accelerator Pump 30 cc

Kevco Oil Pan with Stock Oil Pump

LD 340 Intake

I ran Flow Tech headers on Dyno for break in, but using TTI in the Demon.

Thank guys for the very helpful info on the 408 ci stroker. Also, you know of anyone that has a nice reasble priced 68-69 dart for sale? LO

After I find the dart, is there a better choice in motors to have built, 340 or 360? or should I buy the motor already build since I am not a motor builder, who can I buy from at a reasonable price?

confused >?????

If you use a mag. engine with a 727 trans I have a new flexplate that will work great with at a great price.

Thank guys for the very helpful info on the 408 ci stroker. Also, you know of anyone that has a nice reasble priced 68-69 dart for sale? LO

After I find the dart, is there a better choice in motors to have built, 340 or 360? or should I buy the motor already build since I am not a motor builder, who can I buy from at a reasonable price?

confused >?????

360 would be easier to locate and cheaper. I used a local machine shop/engine builder that owns and races two Mopars.

The best way is to find an experienced and recommended machine shop/engine builder locally is to join a local Mopar club, go to your local Drag Strip, and talk to other local Mopar guys. You should have plenty of options, your just outside of Dallas/Ft Worth!

confused >?????

http://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/1781828851.html

I would find a 360 roller cam block and build a stroker with that. Brian at IMM can build you an engine and ship it to you. I would not buy a mass produced crate engine because their quality is not consistent.

confused >?????
i would not recomend using a eagle cast crank in ur build or for that matter a eagle steel crank let me tell you my story. i built a 416 cu inch 360 stroker which is a 360 bored .060 used all top of the line parts had block decked,line bored, magna flux the hole nine yards. i used scat h-beam rods kieth black 744 flat top pistons and a set of x heads that where sent to hughes engines along with my rpm air gap intake and had them do a stage 3 port polish job on them also had there stud girdle and also put a moroso oil pan 8 quart put a holley 850 on it crane roller rockers and used a custom grind cam from hughes engines lift 652 with 112 centerline etc. had all internal parts sent to machine shop to be balanced the first build i used a eagle cast crank motor was a powerhouse ran the 1/8 mile in 7.02 101 mph was a screamer two months later the crank broke at #1 journal called eagle they warranty it with new bearings and paid for shipping etc. i they reccommend that i upgrade to a forged crank so i did redid motor again was just driving down the street one day and crank broke at #7-8 journal bottom line if you are going to buy one i would get mopar performance brand the guys at hughes engines highly reccommend them ive since then purchased one and have had no problems but traction give hughes engines a call or look them up online they no there stuff bout mopar

when i built the 416 in the dart i used the k-1 forged crank k-1 rods and diamond pistons . i got my camshaft from brian at IMM and would recommend him for your build.

by the way brian i might be looking for a roller cam and lifters to up the power a little 8)

fourwheelerpics018-1.jpg

67dartpics010-1.jpg

confused >?????

Well the 340 has a forged crank--and not from China. The 360 makes more torque but that is what gearing is for, lol.

I built a 340 and I have to admit a cast crank stroker 360 would had cost no more than $500 more than my forged crank 340. But 5 years from now I believe my little 340 will be running better than any 5 year old stroker motor with too short of pistons.

I don't baby my rides. I take great care of them but I beat on them too. Its the whole point in having a hot rod imo. Otherwise I would just a get a 3 year old Buick car which is comfy and quite

i would not recomend using a eagle cast crank in ur build or for that matter a eagle steel crank let me tell you my story. i built a 416 cu inch 360 stroker which is a 360 bored .060 used all top of the line parts had block decked,line bored, magna flux the hole nine yards. i used scat h-beam rods kieth black 744 flat top pistons and a set of x heads that where sent to hughes engines along with my rpm air gap intake and had them do a stage 3 port polish job on them also had there stud girdle and also put a moroso oil pan 8 quart put a holley 850 on it crane roller rockers and used a custom grind cam from hughes engines lift 652 with 112 centerline etc. had all internal parts sent to machine shop to be balanced the first build i used a eagle cast crank motor was a powerhouse ran the 1/8 mile in 7.02 101 mph was a screamer two months later the crank broke at #1 journal called eagle they warranty it with new bearings and paid for shipping etc. i they reccommend that i upgrade to a forged crank so i did redid motor again was just driving down the street one day and crank broke at #7-8 journal bottom line if you are going to buy one i would get mopar performance brand the guys at hughes engines highly reccommend them ive since then purchased one and have had no problems but traction give hughes engines a call or look them up online they no there stuff bout mopar

Man, Mopar guys are surly a Brother hood sharing one common bond Mopar muscle!! Thanks for all the help fellas!!

THANKS guyz for all the very helpful info. Now If I can just find a nice 68-69 dart I will be in business. ANYONE know of someone with a 68-69 dart for sale that is NOT a basket case or fixer upper? Plz let me know.

-
Back