408 stroker motor

-

Gus Loza

Reaction score
hey everyone, im new to the site and i need a lot of help. just bought a 69 dart swinger. i boght a 408 stroker short block with forged JE pistons w/reliefs and forged eagle crank and rods. i bought a set of rebuilt cast iron heads with stainless steel valves 2.02, 1.60. the heads were milled .040 and intake side was milled to match for proper bolt alighnment. what should be my next purchase for rockers and lifters and oil pan and intake. i dont know what cam is in it yet. its going to have a 4 speed and 3.55 gears.

I would verify what cam is it before you spend any money. Sounds like a fair amount of compression with flat tops. If thery're even CLOSE to zero deck, you most likely have to much CR for pump gas with an iron head. 70cc's of head could easily put you at 11:1, depending on the gasket.

For a pan you can't beat the Milodon low profile pans. Plenty of capacity, good ground clearance and they look purdy too!

For a street deal with 3.55's, look no further than the Edelbrock Air Gap.

But check that cam, FIRST.

Oh, and welcome!

Welcome to FABO, Gus. You're going to have fun here.
Post pics because :worthles:

Welcome to FABO.Sounds like ya got a fun build in front of ya. Like OC says pics would be nice.8)

-
Back