410 Stroker rad

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
After surgery set me back, and some really bad weather, I'm finally ready to turn the key for the first time.
This motor supposedly dyno'd 500HP and 516 Tq, so I'm thinking my stock 340 rad may not be enough to keep it cool(if it runs).

Wondered if anybody had a suggestion for a radiator that will allow me to use my shroud and fan. So many aftermarket ones out there and they all say "direct bolt in".

Like to hear some useful advice, if needed.

THANKS!

Run the rad. you have and see what it does,then if it's not upto the task start lookin around.The stock 318 with air rad. in my duster keps the 410 stroker at around 190/200 during the summer.

I also run a 318 A/C 2 core rad with my 410 stroker.Alls good,use what you have or get it recored and maintain your stock look.JMO

Got it running today and just like I figured, the rad has a couple pin holes. It was fine last summer. I think sitting empty in the garage all winter long probably dealt it a death blow.

It's original to my Demon 340, so it's now 40 years old. I have no desire to re-core. That's just money toward a more efficient rad....I think.

I want to keep my shroud and clutch fan. Tired of fabricating. Need a nice one to just "bolt right in".

Gonna check around. If you guys think of any particular brand, please chime in.

mancini sells a radiator that is built to factory specs thats suposed to work check it out

-
Back