416 stroker crate prices?

-

Erik Andersen

Putting ex drag car back to driver 69/GTS
Reaction score
Any engine builders give me a price on a 500hp 416 dynoed and ready to drop in? Will be going in a street car. Maybe once at the track just to see. Looking for pump gas friendly engine. Car is a 69 dart with a 727 and 3.55 gears. Car will have power brakes / steering.

Any engine builders give me a price on a 500hp 416 dynoed and ready to drop in? Will be going in a street car. Maybe once at the track just to see. Looking for pump gas friendly engine. Car is a 69 dart with a 727 and 3.55 gears. Car will have power brakes / steering.
Give Brian a call at Indio Motor Machine in Indio CA. I have known Brian for years, he helped me on a build I did here in Minnesota. 408, iron heads, hydraulic roller with only 235 duration on the intake side. Made 504 hp. He knows how to make power and is competitive in price.

I got his name from a friend too. I was going to email him tomorrow. Just trying to get a few quotes to see what the ball park is for prices.

I am in the process of replacing my 340 engine with a 416 Stroker. I looked at the short blocks and complete engines available and came to the conclusion that the only way I was going to get what I want it was to have it built buy a reputable machine shop. They all seem to want to give you a cast crank and I know that a lot of people are saying that the cast cranks from Scat are perfectly fine but I just wanted that little extra insurance. I really like the idea of just being able to drop something right in the engine compartment but in the end I'm thinking it's probably safer for me to have one built locally.

I had a local place price one out. With eagle rotating assembly, magnum aluminum heads, hydraulic roller cam. He was at $13,600 with my block , also including being dynoed. Basically drop in. Not sure if that is way high or in the ball park?

I had a local place price one out. With eagle rotating assembly, magnum aluminum heads, hydraulic roller cam. He was at $13,600 with my block , also including being dynoed. Basically drop in. Not sure if that is way high or in the ball park?

Run away and don't look back!

Seems kind of high, but yours does include all the accessories. For comparison, CME sells this engine for around $10K:
408, 500HP, forged crank, Forged pistons, 11.0 CR, aluminum heads, roller cam/lifters. According to some folks here, it's a good company to deal with. Rebuilt Engines and Rebuilt Motors from CME

-
Back