426 Wedge possible install challenges

-
A small block automatic transmission is different from a big block transmission. Also the 426 wedge engine isn’t much different than a 440 except that it has a few less cubes. A 426 max wedge engine is a whole different story.
Aware of the small block to big block trans differences, thanks though. As the post I started this with states, the 426 has a proper trans included. My thoughts are that I can use my current trans with a 340/360 I might get instead to avoid the large block install hassles.

Aware of the small block to big block trans differences, thanks though. As the post I started this with states, the 426 has a proper trans included. My thoughts are that I can use my current trans with a 340/360 I might get instead to avoid the large block install hassles.
Don't underestimate your crusty 273. You may already have a forged crank in there and a wonderful mechanical lifter set. If you put a good cam and piston set in there and the right 4 Barrel you would be down town Julie Brown. LOL

Don't underestimate your crusty 273. You may already have a forged crank in there and a wonderful mechanical lifter set. If you put a good cam and piston set in there and the right 4 Barrel you would be down town Julie Brown. LOL
The unit that was in there was just a short block attached to the trans, no lifters or anything. Cam and cylinders/pistons had been exposed to the elements for many years it looked like and was covered in rust. It is now scrap metal at the recyclers and I am starting from scratch in the engine bay

-
Back