440 build setup

-

NoahSewal

Reaction score
I have a 75 440 tv block with cast crank and factory internals. would a build with the UEM-KB237-060 pistons, 88cc chamber heads, a cam with 110 lobe separation .5 lift and 240ish duration at 50 on intake/exhaust be any good? will i have any issues or is there a better way to go. im holding off on the aluminum heads for now since they're upwards of 1,300 dollars. any opinions appreciated

Any good is very subjective. For a plow truck? an A body street car? A gutted strip down race car? You’re going to have to get a little more involved here to receive any real useful help.

Any good is very subjective. For a plow truck? an A body street car? A gutted strip down race car? You’re going to have to get a little more involved here to receive any real useful help.
A body street strip car. just wondering if the engine would have better power and if there would be any major bottlenecks that anyone can notice. i know there's not a lot of information but i was just curious if anyone had any opinions. im also curious if you think i'll have issues with .5 lift with those pistons?

The problem, if there is one, with piston-to-valve clearance is not at max valve lift. It is at lower lifts when the piston is at or near TDC.

The KB237 pistons have sufficient valve pocket relief (.264" deep and 2.360" in diameter) that a 240 @ .050 cam with .500" lift will be no problem.

You need greater quantities of help than are available here. Do yourself a favor and get a copy of this book and study it. It doesn't have to be from this book store.

How to Build Max-Performance Mopar Big Blocks|Paperback

And you need ONE experienced person you can trust to help you design the engine within your budget and not 16 different opinions you'll receive here. Engine build by committee is a sure loser.

Last edited:
The KB237 pistons have sufficient valve pocket relief (.264" deep and 2.360" in diameter) that a 240 @ .050 cam with .500" lift will be no problem.

You need greater quantities of help than are available here. Do yourself a favor and get a copy of this book and study it. It doesn't have to be from this book store.

How to Build Max-Performance Mopar Big Blocks|Paperback

And you need ONE experienced person you can trust to help you design the engine within your budget and not 16 different opinions you'll receive here. Engine build by committee is a sure loser.
Excellent advise

Just curious, what is the piston to wall clearance needed for those KB 237's?

Just curious, what is the piston to wall clearance needed for those KB 237's?
From .0020"-.0050" depending upon the application. See the KB hyper catalog page 9.

.002"-.0025" for street normally aspirated.

As seen on the steering wheel of a car at Bonneville........."If at first you don't succeed, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!"

Last edited:
-
Back