440 cylinder head opinions?

-

MoparMower

Reaction score
Well its that time, im saving up to get me a new set of aluminum heads rather than spend loads on getting a ton of work done to my 906's. Iv herd a lot of posative chatter about the eddie performer RPMs, but i found some on 440 source "stealth heads" and was curiouse as to weather or not anyone was running them or had herd anything about it, because right now there on sale for a bit cheaper than the eddies.

Do some googling brother a lot head out there now in days. I would really look into the new trick flow heads. I think thats what i'm going with for my motor when the time comes.

There are a lot of cylinder head choices these days. I was over at the engine shop yesterday and they are finishing up a 383 stroker with the 75 cc Edelbrock RPM heads. They also had a motor going together for the new Trick Flow heads, one with older Edelbrock 84 cc heads and one with Indy EZ heads. I think there were even a couple of cast iron head motors there.

I had read that the Stealth heads require a little more work than the Edelbrocks. True or not, saving a few bucks or there only to spend more on the part later is just a wash on the overall expense on the wallet.

Building an engine takes bucks. If your worried about the initial outlay, then I would suggest you re take a look at your wallet thickness and rethink your plan. I got one two sentence worded advice from my mom once. She said don't settle. You'll just be unhappy with it later and always wonder how it could have been if you didn't settle.

When it comes to cars and more specifically the way it is wanting to get done, do your homework and make a plan. Though you will find it expensive, it'll cost more when you settle and double when you change plans.

Make sure your war chest for the plan is ample and more than your intended/planned cost. Get what you want. A slight overkill on a part is a whole lot better than a part that is on par or under par that needs upgrading to meet the goal.

Thanks Mike. I have waited and waited to build my 360/6pack engine for my '73 Cuda. 6 packs are very pricey. I kept poking around and around until one day I found a (2) shop(s) that must have ether been going out of biz or just got tired of the crap hanging around.

The total for my brand new 6pack is just under 1500 and that inculdes everything.
I waited for the Hughesengines head porting sale.
Saved saved saved money until I was ready.
Then when the thing I desired came about at a price I liked, pulling the trigger was easy since I had a nice mound of money to pay out that instant. Deals don't last and you must hunt constantly or miss them.
The whole build is still ongoing. I can wait. I won't settle on this one.

Oh im certainly not one to settle most of the time, and on the heads i will not because theyare so crucial. Here lately though i have found myself in a bit of a rush to get it running right before next year when i get out of the military will be moving to the other end of the country. Lol not even joking, Washington to Alabama.

Thanks Mike. I have waited and waited to build my 360/6pack engine for my '73 Cuda. 6 packs are very pricey. I kept poking around and around until one day I found a (2) shop(s) that must have ether been going out of biz or just got tired of the crap hanging around.

The total for my brand new 6pack is just under 1500 and that inculdes everything.
I waited for the Hughesengines head porting sale.
Saved saved saved money until I was ready.
Then when the thing I desired came about at a price I liked, pulling the trigger was easy since I had a nice mound of money to pay out that instant. Deals don't last and you must hunt constantly or miss them.
The whole build is still ongoing. I can wait. I won't settle on this one.

This is the way to do it.

-
Back