440 HP(Six pack rods)

-
Can you see it now greenhornet

Go for it!!!
I know where a 1967 HP 440 is I need to re-check on, closed chamber heads, steel crank, you know, ole' school junk.. I've been letting him simmer on that last price quote for 2 years now, Ba$tard will probably go up on me ;)

I've got a full set of 8(not 7), of those Heavy Duty rods, if someone wants 'em. I would probably never use them, so I'll make someone a deal.

Lots of interesting info here , some it it good , some of it :munky2:

The Six pack rods are heavier than LY's, yes , the pistons are heavy also and the combo of the 2 are why the offset balancer was used , HALFASS way to balance it because the crank counterweights were too small, instead of making a different forging they used extra offset weight to balance it because it was CHEAPER.

The big PROBLEM with the 6pk rod is it's HEMI SIZED but from some reason the DUMBASSES at MOPAR kept the small 3/8 bolts in them instead of using 7/16 bolts like a HEMI.

That said I have a 440 that has 6pk rods and heavy TRW forged slugs INTERNAL BALANCED , it took a small amount of weight added to the crank to achieve and that's not using the expensive Mallory metal.

If you have them and want to use them go for it , spend the money and have them refurbed and intstall APR wavelocks and you should be good to go, they weigh close to what a CCJ 4340 H beam rod does, just made from a weaker material.

-
Back