440 Intake Gaskets???

-

3yearcuda

Reaction score
Hello All. I rebuilt my 69 440 with a felpro gasket set including shiny new tin intake base pan. I open the box of my new Edelbrock RPM intake and see 4 gaskets that come with. Do these go above and below the tin intake base pan? or do they even get used at all? It has been a long time since i tore the ol' 440 apart, but i dont remember any other gaskets, other than the tin base pan. Thanks in advance for your responses.

It's up to you if you want to use the paper gaskets with the valley pan, the valley pan will seal the intake to the heads just as the steel shim gaskets did on the heads.

Make sure the new valley pant has the embosed ridges around the intake ports like the factory pan has. Mine was just flat and you will need to use the paper gaskets on each side of the pan.
Good luck

Sorry I forgot to mention. If reusing the pan that has the ridges on it, they were there to compress and take up any irregularities between heads and intake. I suggest if your reusing the valley pan, plan on alot of sealer or use the paper.

Thanks BJR Racing and kocuda for the quick responses. It's a new valley pan with the embossed ridges, so i think i'll save the paper gaskets for another time.

-
Back