440 Performer RPM clearance

-

6pkrunner

Reaction score
I'm parking the 383 from my '68 GTS in the corner of the garage to put a warm 440 in its place. Will a Performer RPM wearing the stock 68/69 round air cleaner sitting on a 440 clear with the factory hood? The Performer is lower but I'd like to run the RPM if possible without resorting to a scooped hood. I want the exterior to look stock.

you should have about a inch or so left for clearance.The block is higher by 3/4 of inch and the intake is sitting lower so its a trade off,and should clear,Mrmopartech

A performer RPM probably WILL NOT fit under the hood. I have one on my 383 and that would not fit for sure. A 440 is taller. The top carb flange is within an inch of the hood (a glass one with out any bracing). I'm using a glass 6 pack hood. Actually, a RPM manifold is about as tall as a M1 single plane. A Holley street dominator is a lot lower and it might clear with a drop base air cleaner.

don

I ran the RPM with an 800 Eddy but had to use the air cleaner that dropped down about an inch+, and it just cleared.

-
Back