-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeeper

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This car has been on here before. I swapped engines and all that went well. And then it developed a tranny leak. I am in the midst of doing some vehicular changing and need something a bit more practical. If it does not trade, I'll finish if off over the winter and hit the road next spring.

This car has been a multi-year project, and I have run out of steam. I am needing something semi-practical for a daily driver. See the list at the bottom for what I am looking for. This could be a quick way into going fast for cheap. I am kinda done if you know what I mean.

This car has a clear title in my name from Oregon. Car has basically a weekend away from being a driver. I have driven it, and then discovered the leaking input seal on the transmission and that was enough……The work is reasonably well done, this is not a car that has been passed from owner to owner with multiple engines in the bay. I pulled the /6 myself. I have pics somewhere of it as a stocker.

It is an essentially rust free 1974 Dodge Dart Sport. Factory paint, so what you see is what you get. The trunk inside has been repainted to make it look better and there is no rot in the tire base. Basically I bought a stocker /6 Dart Sport three years ago and converted it to a 440. It took more money than expected, and twice as long. I am tired, and need a daily driver type rig. This is not really what I need to drive everyday. Life and priorities have changed since the car project started. Reciepts are on hand for most of the build.

Overall the car is pretty decent. There are some dings, and so forth. It is not perfect, but it is not trashed either. Just a cool old car with the right amount of patina.

The best thing about the car is that the 440 is already in there. The entire Schumacher kit was installed, including mounts, headers etc. IF you wanted to build a nasty engine, it is ready for it.

Engine:
1975 440, MP Cam, Holley Street Dominator Intake, Thermoquad etc. runs well. Nicely painted and looks pretty good.

Transmission:
727 Auto, rebuilt with upgrades.

Suspension / steering:
Competition Engineering drag shocks front and rear, Reinforced rear springs, Flaming River adaptor for the manual steering box, aluminum master cylinder and adaptor etc. Subframe connectors installed.

Rear End:
4.10 geared, 8.25 rear with a Sure-grip and 3” wheel studs.

Misc.
3” exhaust with manual bends. Dumps in front of rear end. Gas tank pulled, boiled, coated and new sender installed. Lighter weight bumper mounts done for the front.

What it needs:

Transmission input seal replaced. It does run and drive but it visibly drips/leaks at idle. Rear bumper installed, some minor lighting work, heater core replaced etc. All of this was on the list, before I decided to move along. There is probably other stuff as well. I have driven it about 12 miles is all. I switched to the Thermoquad from an Edelbrock and it needs some minor tuning of the airdoor.

I can possibly deliver if half close. I have a lot of pics and am happy to work with you. However, I am busy like everyone else and I’d like to get something done before it sits another winter. I will get it done in the spring and drive it if it comes to that.

I am not able or really interested in a long distance trade. I'd like to just make things easy and meet halfway locally.

Trades:

I need a rig to drive. I am looking at the following ranked by interest.

Most desirable:

76-86 Jeep CJ’s-4-6 cylinder engines and decent tops. I really like 8-83 CJ-5’s. Nice and ready to use.
93 and newer Chevy Camaro’s with V8’s.
5.0 Mustangs
Early Ford Bronco’s-can need some help, but I don’t need any Junk.
Other Mopar cars, such as V8 A bodies, or a B body etc. I’d like something I can use now. Stock is fine.

Medium interest:

Suzuki Samurai
Suzuki Sidekick
Nice Dodge Cummins 4x4 truck

I’d consider it:

Dirt Bike-Honda XR and some cash
Snowmobile and some cash

Trades are what I am looking for. Possible trades plus cash considered. I could possibly trade up if I needed to. I have two more Mopar A bodies, and about 5-7 engines, some big and small block speed parts etc. I’d consider getting rid of all of it for the right trade.

I am located near Klamath Falls, in southern Oregon. Possibly willing to deliver etc. if you are half way close.

I will round up some pics later. And yes, I actually will:toothy10:

Attachments

• DSCF2035.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 922
  • DSCF2025.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 929
sounds like a nice project but there are alot of guys in need rite now godd luck with sale!!

As promised.....pics are here.

And yes I know, slap some dog dishes on there and put in a park and it would look better.

This is not he car that has had 12 different 440's in there slathered with stickers from the 70's. It is just a typical car.

I am getting rid of my ultra-reliable but boring daily driver and going to start driving my old Cummins work truck. I was mainly going to get something decent on fuel that both my wife and I could drive.

We'll see. I know everyone is attempting to unload right now. Maybe someone is contemplating a 440 swap and has a stock Duster.

FWIW-My favorite practical Mopar is a 73 V8 Duster. I love those cars.

Anyways, thanks for the bump!

ROB

Attachments

• DSCF2023.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 910
  • DSCF2031.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 925
It looks like a sleeper, until you hear it. 3" with mandrel bends and flowmaster knock-offs......it is fairly loud.

On a serious note. For a local cash in hand buyer I'd consider throwing in another 440 with some speed parts and I do have a TCI 3500 convertor etc.

I would also consider partial trades for a currently running and street legal A body with a v8 and 2-doors.

Life has changed alot since I started this build, and it looks like I will end up driving one of these as a DD for about 6 months a year. This wouldn't be the car for that due to the distances that I drive.

I will likely put EFI on my 72 Scamp advertised elsewhere here and run that.

ROB

Partial trades and cash considered for the following:

Shop tools, Nice tool box maybe, metal fab tools, press, welder etc.

Toys such as a snowmobile or dirtbike that is 4-stroke and cash etc.

$3750 and I will throw in a 440 with some speed parts and some issues as well and a 3500 stall.

$3500 and you get the car only, and bring your own battery!

ROB

nice project but heres the real issue guys are selling cars rite now for stupid price, in which i mean low thats a 2500.00 car with todays prices good luck with your sell i hope it does go

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back