440+TTI+Borgeson Power Steering Box=?

-

Turboomni

Reaction score
Deciding a battle plan for my 71 Demon roller. Have a 440 and want to install a Tremec TKx so I would like power steering, manual brakes I think will be fine.
Can this be done? I don't want to cut fender wells and don't want TriY's. Otherwise I guess a 360 stroker will be on the menu. Thoughts?
Thanks

Going with the Borgeson box- lightens the car about 15lbs and much smaller than factory box. The other stuff I cannot speak about. The Borgeson box is amazing. Switching over my Demon shortly and my 66 273 barracuda with Doug’s- made a huge difference in power steering fluid temps and room. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hey thanks for the info on the Borgeson box. It does look like a quality piece. I will continue with the search function .

You can also look into under dash electric power steering. There is info in the site search forum. You will need a someone to weld to make it fit. I have only read up on it, if I needed PS, I would probably go this way.

Yes thanks I checked it out and it looks great although a bit too much money for this project as I would also need a pst box.
I get the feeling a 440 Demon is really great for a point and shoot car [nothing wrong with that] and not a wanna be canyon carver. Or maybe it is ok with manual steering? More research,,,

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. You are the first to definitively say 440/TTI/Borgeson will fit including all the research I have done here so far. All I had read here was power steering was a no go with a 440 but never mentioned the Borgeson box. I am assuming the TTI full length headers and not the shorties correct? Are they 1 3/4 or 1 7/8?? Did you need to install a cooler for the Borgeson? Thanks I am feeling a bit of hope of not having to go with a 360 stroker with a manual tranny as I already have a 440.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. You are the first to definitively say 440/TTI/Borgeson will fit including all the research I have done here so far. All I had read here was power steering was a no go with a 440 but never mentioned the Borgeson box. I am assuming the TTI full length headers and not the shorties correct? Are they 1 3/4 or 1 7/8?? Did you need to install a cooler for the Borgeson? Thanks I am feeling a bit of hope of not having to go with a 360 stroker with a manual tranny as I already have a 440.
I have the small diameter shorties TTI and no cooler for the borgedon. I’ll post pictures soon

Sorry for the late response with picture. But here it is. You can see banged the headers a bit to get clearance and used a 1/8” shim on the motor mount to make sure everything cleared…. But no cutting of fenders

image.jpg

Thank you for the pic Joeycurl. Nice job there and as 340sfastback said it is tight but you got it all in there nicely. I was hoping ultimately for the Borgenson and the TTi full length headers to work but I don't think that will be possible.
Just discovered your t56 swap 340sfastback. Looks like you do great work and will be reading up on it. Thanks to you both.

-
Back