440 will not fit in duster ? ?? need help assap doing motor now !!!

-
I installed my 440 with 727 bolted together using the Schumacher Kit w/headers into my demon last weekend , By myself with a cherry picker. It was a tough one. I did not bolt up the trans to crossmember , only loosely bolted up the motor mounts. The drivers side was the tough side for the header install. I had also prior to this cut back the original colum shift housing about 2 inchs. Power steering would make this swap tougher. The 187 oil pan also had to have a wack or two with a hammer for idler arm swing. The deal is that none of the A bodies seem to be the same exactly on the K frames.My friends 71 duster with the same combo, has different clearance measuments between the oil pan and K member. Main thing I can Tell you is take your time and have some patience with it.

yeh you used the shumacker headers i used the CPPA headers , shumacker makes them for there kits thats why it was easy for you , well i got tired and worn out for a week and a half tryn to get this is , well i left it to my pops and he got it in , but its very very very tight , and i still gotta put a dent in my oil pan so me pinion arm dosnt hit it

Im in the same boat with a 451 stroker. The TTI headers dont fit,they hit everything! I have to shim the motor on the drivers side to get the motor to sit level,the weakist side,Nice shuFacker. And a hole list of other imperfections I have to deal with. I should of gone with a built small block. Anybody want to trade? Im gettin sick of it.. I want to drive mine Not wrench on it every spare second I have, witch isnt alot

glad to hear you got it in angelo. Txt me those pics later!

yeh but when its dome it will be worth it , i can care less if my headers hit the fenderwell , i mean i do ,but wat the hell , if it was so easy to have a 440 duster everyone would have one ,,,,, lol , but after carlise i need thoso shumacker headers !! now i know why there like 700$ because there made not to hit ! i can put my starter in with out taking my engine out =) and they will not hit my pinion arm lol... yehh joe ill text it to you today

I had the wife help me put my schumakers on and with her help we had em on in 30 minutes with the motor bolted in. Pass side went in from the top and the drivers side went in from the bottom. We did have it jacked up. /6 K member in a 74 Duster w/power steering and schmaker mounts. No substitute for the right stuff.
Small Block

hey small block how have you been? If i have the money me and tyler are going to go to monster mopar. Ok back to the question. I put a 440/727 in my factory 318 73 dodge dart. I used the shumacker(spelling) 318-440 motor mounts and tti 2 inch headers. I am useing a 8 quart morose oil pan. I do not know if i am very lucky or what. but i put the engine tranny and headers in all at the same time and had everything bolted in in about 30 minutes. also i did not have to beat or ding anything. also i fot got what year car the poster had. but if you put the idler arm,drag link and pitman arm off a 73 up disc brake A-body you will gain alot of room. I reasion i say this is because on the 72 dwon a-bodys the pitman arm stud etc point up. which will hit your oil pan etc and on the 73 up abodys they point down. here is a engine shot of my dart. best of luck to the person having all the problems.thanks Mopar658)

100_0520.jpg

100_0520 (Large).jpg

Hey guyss if any one can help me assap please dooo soo im in the middle of putting my 440 into my 76 duster with cppa headers i need all the help i can get its been 2 days i been trying to get this motor in and she dont wanna go ... need help or tips how to put it in , and how to get it on to my 727 thank you angelo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clock:

What motor mount are you using?

-
Back