440source.com stroker kits ?

-

fastback383

Reaction score
Has anyone bought from them , or know of anyone who has bought one of their kits. They seem to have very reasonable prices , I mean like $1389 for 500 cubes . If all goes well and I can make some extra cash this summer I sure would like to buy one of their 400 to 500 ci. kits. Just looking for some feedback on it is all, the thought of having 500 cubic inches of tree stump pulling torque hiding under the hood posing as a 383 excites the crap outta me ! :D Also telling some of the chevie boys around here they just got smoked by a little old 383 :roll: also excites me. Also how good do the 500 cube kits work ? My car sees very little use, maybe 1000 miles a summer . I have heard somewhere that because of the long stroke they are hard on parts, rings I suppose . I know there is probably a million opinions on this. So lets hear some . Thanks , fastback383

106_0693.jpg

I've bought one of their kits for my 440. So far it needed balancing but it's not in the motor yet. There's some great info on Moparts Unlawful's Race Only section under "Cheap aftermarket cranks revisited". It's a pretty long thread.

-
Back