$45 dollar exhaust :)

-

0lddart

Reaction score
ok i was doing a ton of work on the car today and came to the conclusion that since i am sticking with the factory manifold, MOST of the restriction is in the 1 1/4 pipe after the muffler. so i built a T/A style exhaust and wanted to share,

parts (from autozone i get a discount so it acually cost me about 35 bucks)

2" cherry bomb TURBO muffler
1 7/8 pipe connector
2" tail pipe extension
2" 45 degree bend
3- 2" u bolts
1- 1 7/8" u bolt

cut the factory pipe at the trans member, slip on the 1 7/8 conector and tighten the u bolt( it will take some muscle as it fits semi loose)
connect the center outlet of the muffler to the conector pipe with the offset outlet towards the side of the car
connect the 45 degree bend to muffler and the 18 inch extensionto the 45 degree pipe

this puts the end of the pipe about 4 inches from the side of the car and roughly 8 inches in front of the tire so you have room to pic the tip of your liking and the exhaust note is mellow at a cruise but has very nice tone from a take off and when your foot is mashed, and i noticed a good bit of new power to it also

travis

Hum, there ya go, freeing up some HP and wakin the hood up. What will they do, what will they do? Now your gettin a few more miles to the gallon for more fun.

-
Back