450 hp 727

-
Reaction score
Im getting a 727 rebuilt to go behind my RB 440 and it will make 450 HP, what exactly do i need to get done so it will be ok and take some abuse.

I don't like kick downs I would prefer manual shifting the auto and what about cluthes, bands and front drums etc. I could use a standard trans but probably wont last long. I need a list to see if the trans guy knows what is needed. :read2: any info would be great:cheers:

A properly rebuilt 727 with good stock replacement parts will live a long life behind a 450 hp engine. The only thing I'd do is install a Trans-go TF-2 shift kit or since you don't like using the kickdown linkage (which you absolutely have to use with a auto shifting valve body) install a manual valve body.

as stated stock replacement parts will do fine, pending on your brand of manual valve body the levers and servo piston are usually changed out to match the valve body, i like John Cope@ Cope Racing Transmissions

a properly rebuilt 727 with good stock replacement parts will live a long life behind a 450 hp engine. The only thing i'd do is install a trans-go tf-2 shift kit or since you don't like using the kickdown linkage (which you absolutely have to use with a auto shifting valve body) install a manual valve body.

x2

-
Back