46RE Questions

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Hey everyone, needing a little help here!

I'm getting ready to rebuild a 46RE Trans for a guy and he pulled it from his 2000 Ram 1500 4x4.

Problem is, he said they pulled it from another truck but can't remember what year of truck it was!!

Anything I see for rebuild kits show a year difference in the 46RE starting in 98. Most show 94-97 or 98-2003.

Wonder what the difference is? Anyone know?

Can I pull the numbers off the trans and run them online? Thinking of running them at a dealership but really hate going that route. But will if I absolutely have to.

The trans lines rubbed on the crossmember causing a hole to form. Ended up limping home but smoked the o/d frictions/steels, front clutch frictions/steels, and the convertor hub bearing in the pump.

Any help is appreciated!!

Wish I could help but I don't know much about what they changed in them. You can try finding out online what it is by the #'s on the pan rail but good luck. A buddy of mine runs a scrap yard and gets them in every once in a while and I never have much luck finding their #'s online. Usually have to ask the dealer.

Thanks fishy.

I asked him again and he said he thinks it came out of a 2001 which would be fine but he just kept thinking there was something different about it.

I ordered a rebuild kit, reverse drum, intermediate shaft support, and new pump gears for it so, guess I'll find out real soon! lol

Your welcome dart. Good luck with it and let me know if you find something out on the differences. Always like to learn that stuff.

-
Back