46rh issues

-

gilberttitan08

Mexican Hillbilly!!!
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for a transmission tech that can help with 46rh issues, after a year of running I’m getting early shifting, won’t down shift when slowing down and coming to a stop, transmission acts as it wants to stall at a stop, then downshifts late at stop and idles fine, when driving at 40-50 mph rpm’s surge eractly, once I floor it little to get above 55mph and above, surges stop. Oil level is slightly above max line, no burn smells. Using a lokar kick down cable and on a 5.7 hemi with Holley Terminator ECU. I’m located in Hollister Ca.

I had that trans. in my 95 V8 Dakota & had similar problems & wouldn't shift out of 2nd gear until about 3600 RPM when it was not warmed up. There were no major leaks but, I added a bottle (8oz.) ATP brand AT-205 Re-seal & within 20 miles it was working great. It even chirped 2nd gear when I got on it. Try it & check your T.V. cable & make sure it is adjusted properly. Being out of adjustment will cause problems. Carefully remove the cable from the throttle body linkage, make sure throttle is at full rest position & make adjustment so the cable lines up with the ball on the linkage with no push or pull on the T.V. cable. Done.

That trans still has a hydraulic controlled governor. Could be sticking.

I had that trans. in my 95 V8 Dakota & had similar problems & wouldn't shift out of 2nd gear until about 3600 RPM when it was not warmed up. There were no major leaks but, I added a bottle (8oz.) ATP brand AT-205 Re-seal & within 20 miles it was working great. It even chirped 2nd gear when I got on it. Try it & check your T.V. cable & make sure it is adjusted properly. Being out of adjustment will cause problems. Carefully remove the cable from the throttle body linkage, make sure throttle is at full rest position & make adjustment so the cable lines up with the ball on the linkage with no push or pull on the T.V. cable. Done.
Gotcha! Both my lock up and overdrive solenoid grounds were melted onto the exhaust pipe and grounding and activating the solenoids, they were always activated, the only problem I got now is the overdrive is solenoid is turning on and off, gonna inspect the connector. Hopefully it’s not a faulted solenoid.

Though you have to drop the pan it's not a huge deal to change them

-
Back