46rh

-
The short answer is no. What are you trying to accomplish? Use an RE case with RH internals and valve body, etc? If so, the answer remains no.
I bought la 1994 46RH for a project and after tear down I’ve discovered the case is cracked around the rear spray area, need a replacement

The electrical connectors where the lockup and OD wires hook up aren't even close to being the same, and there are probably internal differences also. @Duster346 has probably built more of them than the rest of us have ever seen, so he is a good guy to listen to.

:thumbsup:

I see, has anyone got one to sell I can use 1994 46RH case , also is the earlier model 46rh case from the diesel different from the 5.2 gas ones ?

I bought la 1994 46RH for a project and after tear down I’ve discovered the case is cracked around the rear spray area, need a replacement
Do you have pictures of where it's cracked? If for some reason the sprag rolled (it's not common but still possible with enough abuse) and the outer sprag race damaged the case, then a bolt in sprag may be an option.

Will this project remain automatic shift? The RH transmission was hydraulically governed through model year 1995. If you were going to something like a 1-4 reverse manual shift valve body, then you can buy all means use the entire 46RE transmission core.

If this project is going to use aftermarket fuel injection with Holley management, you can use the complete RE core, you just need to add kickdown linkage. Holley management will control an RE trans. I worked with the Holley fuel injection engineer to provide input on how the RE transmission worked for 4th gear and overdrive, while they were developing the software to control the Chrysler RE trans.

I think diesel has an adapter ring to adapt the trans to the cummins. I also believe the v10 is a sb bolt pattern.

Do you have pictures of where it's cracked? If for some reason the sprag rolled (it's not common but still possible with enough abuse) and the outer sprag race damaged the case, then a bolt in sprag may be an option.

Will this project remain automatic shift? The RH transmission was hydraulically governed through model year 1995. If you were going to something like a 1-4 reverse manual shift valve body, then you can buy all means use the entire 46RE transmission core.

If this project is going to use aftermarket fuel injection with Holley management, you can use the complete RE core, you just need to add kickdown linkage. Holley management will control an RE trans. I worked with the Holley fuel injection engineer to provide input on how the RE transmission worked for 4th gear and overdrive, while they were developing the software to control the Chrysler RE trans.
The spray was distroyed completely and the case where it holds the steel spray insert is broken apart and a crack running down the side

image.jpg

-
Back