4spd hemp location

-

cudaman51

Reaction score
I am getting ready to cut the hole for a 4spd hump on a 69 barracuda. i have a trans and cross member from a 71 duster i was going to use to reference the location for the hole for the shifter. My question is that crossmember the same and the same location for the cuda as the duster. Any imfo would be appreciated.

I did the same. You do not need a different cross member. The hump will naturally fit in the place where it belongs due to the existing shape. I placed the hump then traced it with a marker. I moved it out of the way and using a reciprocating saw I cut two separate holes in the existing hump for the linkages, (within the outline, leaving overlaps for welds). You will see you have to cut around the floor support frame. (that is why you will cut two holes)
You will also find one of the linkages runs over the floor support frame while the other two run under it.
Now, if you do not have a preshaped hump that could be a problem. Mine layed in place well and had little play for error.
Hopefully that helps.... I am not sure if the hemp will.

Greg

its nice to have a little fun, the hole is cut the hemp tells you where it belongs i will weld it tomorow, thanks

Is 3 speed hemp any slower or poorer quality?
How would 4 speed hemp compare to 5 speed or automatic hemp?
Does it help to do overdrive hemp?

See, we non-hempsters kinda' like to know these things, without actually having to inhale. :D

Mark.

-
Back