4spd pedal issues on my 69 340 swinger

-

340cudaman1

Reaction score
I have a problem with my pedal bracket. The lower cross bar support has broken loose from the main bracket on the left side of the assembly (the horz bar that is below where the clutch pedal stop is). In order to repair, I need to remove the pedal assembly.
I have manual 4W drum. It appears the bolts from the assembly also secure the master cyl. for the brakes.
My main question is how to get the assembly out? Will I have to remove the steering column? If not, how? Any help would be appreaciated.
Thanks in advance.:-k
340cudaman1 (I use to have a 71 340 with a shaker)

You don't have to take the steering column out, just remove the bolts holding it to the dash and let the steering wheel rest down on the seat.

Unbolt the master cylinder from the firewall.
There are a few bolts under the dash holding the petals in.

There are 4 hex-head screws holding on 2 diffrent plates at the firewall inside holding the column in place. Do these have to be removed before the bolts to the dash?

Thank you very much for the info. I dropped the steering column down and moved it to the side (also had to removed 3 bolts holding the column bracket to the firewall), the pedal set up came out with no clearence problems. All is back in and working great.
Again, THANK YOU for your help!
340cudaman1

-
Back