4th of July eats

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Happy 4th everyone

what are you all making to eat today ...anything special ?

Slow cooked pork loins and cabbage (marinaded in thousand Island dressing) on the grill Rani, Cabbage slices will get a 1/4 cut cube of buoyan (how ever it is spelt) and a little garlic salt and butter wrapped in aluminum foil, and Treva will do some baked beans The weather is nice here high will be 84 degrees so Victoria will get a bath and the lawn will get mowed, first thing to do is get a flag hung on my mail box this morning :colors:
What are you going to be cooking ? I bet you will be busy Rani :glasses7:

Slow cooked pork loins and cabbage (marinaded in thousand Island dressing) on the grill Rani, Cabbage slices will get a 1/4 cut cube of buoyan (how ever it is spelt) and a little garlic salt and butter wrapped in aluminum foil, and Treva will do some baked beans The weather is nice here high will be 84 degrees so Victoria will get a bath and the lawn will get mowed, first thing to do is get a flag hung on my mail box this morning :colors:
What are you going to be cooking ? I bet you will be busy Rani :glasses7:

im not sure what im doing here yet ....that's why im being nosey and seeing what everyone else is doing LOL

im not sure what im doing here yet ....that's why im being nosey and seeing what everyone else is doing LOL

I figured you would be very busy cooking and preparing things for your folks
and friends you help take care of, are you on vacation :glasses7:

Just put 5 racks of baby backs , all rubbed down into the oven at 180 deg . 8 hours from now , I'll sprinkle them again and put them on the grille, for the finale. Got some local sweet corn to go with em!! UUUMMMM YUM YUM

Lasagna, man does the house smell great right now, we do something different every year for every holiday [kinda get bored with the turkey,ham,ribs ect. thing] gotta switch it up keeps things interesting!!!

I'm smoking pork, Chicken, and gotta have some Hot Dogs.
Baked Beans and potato Salad. Hope everyone has a great 4th.

Dang it, you guys are making me hungry and I just finished breakfast!!

Kenny

Grilled/Smoked Baby Back Ribs
Peaches & Cream Sweet corn
Jalepano Corn Bread
Water Melon

Picking fresh Rhubarb, Strawberries & Mulberries in a minute. Then my daughter & I are turning them into a delicious pie for dessert.

:cheers:

Be safe all and have a great Independence day.

Pat

Apple juice infused Pork Chops on the grill w/Peach mango sauce topping
Rice pilaf
Applesauce
Roasted veggies (carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, onions and bell peppers)
Apple turnovers and vanilla ice cream

Get the thick pork chops (about 1.5" thick), rub them down with your favorite rub and let them sit in the refrigerator overnight. Inject them with apple juice before putting them on the grill. Sear them quickly, both sides, over direct heat so they get some nice grill marks on them and them move them to the side of the grill so they cook indirectly until done. So good and sooooo juicy because of the apple juice.
You can season and them wrap the veggies in foil to roast directly over the charcoal on the grill while the chops finish cooking with indirect heat.
Oh yeah, I use mesquite hardwood lump charcoal for best flavor.

Don't forget to give thanks for this great nation on its 237th birthday!

[ame]http://youtu.be/6TPgJSZf5Vw[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yaetvTj5DE"]RAY CHARLES AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL - YouTube[/ame]

i gave my family and their friends choices today....hot dogs and hamburger day.

Options were:

E24 standard hot dog frank in hot dog bun that was grilled. additional options were self serve

E44 Italian sausage hot dog made spicey standard ......additional options were factory installed sauerkraut or sweet relish and mustard and ketchup

E61 all beef hamburger Patti in hamburger bun with cheese, pickle slice and tomato slice with optional mayo, ketchup, mustard or all three with the A21 taste package.

E86 angus beef steak patti in hamburger bun smothered with southwest green chili (extra hot) with shredded cheese and a standard side of red rice (available with E86 only)

all available with their choice of peach tea, Moutain Dew, or Coca cola, French fries, and or baked beans (N/A with E86)

here is the pic of the E86 Burger

Attachments

• CIMG2860.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 134
Some left over chicken and rice. I am all by myself today.

-
Back