[WANTED] 4x10 front speaker bracket

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you looking for the factory bracket? I think they were only used for a short time and its only going to fit the factory speaker. I know there is somebody on here producing one for (2) 3-1/2 inch speakers. I Bought a dual cone 4x10, but it is not a direct fit. I chopped my old speaker to make a bracket for it.
Pics here:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1970061212&postcount=45

that looks like what I need. I had this problem on my Duster and don't remember what I did with it. I have slept since then. But I am needing to put a new 4x10 speaker in the front on my sons Dart Sport. you say you took the old speaker and cut the middle of it out. That may have been what I did. I can't remember. If that is what you did, I should be in good shape.

Jerry makes this bracket so you can upgrade to dual speakers. I will see if I can find his for sale thread.

attachment.php

I have the factory bracket you are looking for out of a 75 Dart that I took in this weekend. Blasted and painted with the attaching screws $20 shipped

aspeakerframe.jpg

speaker.jpg

Do you have a speaker to put in? When I saw the pic of this speaker with the tabs sticking out the ends, I thought it would go right on the studs, but no such luck. Those end tabs are kind of whimpy anyway. It took a good bit of detailed cutting to get that thing fit right without removing too much (3" cutoff ). The trickiest part was leaving enough metal for the screws to grab. It would be a lot easier to buy the bracket for the 2 small speakers...

I'm not sure when they used it, but they did make a 2 piece speaker/bracket at some point. don't know if that would be easy to modify for a new speaker. Every one I ever saw the mount frame is one piece with the speaker.
Keith

Yes that would have been a lot simpler. Do you know if that aligns to mount holes in current 4x10s? To use the speaker I had I actually fitted the raised plastic area though the mount so the speaker is tight to the dash. I guess you could remove that from the new speaker. Did they have foam or something above the mount to seal to the dash?

I have the factory bracket you are looking for out of a 75 Dart that I took in this weekend. Blasted and painted with the attaching screws $20 shipped

aspeakerframe.jpg

speaker.jpg

Pic of what I was describing in previous post. This got it to the right hight to press nicely against the dash. Covered whole thing with material - see link in my original post.

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 214
They made a FEW speakers with the frame built in. I don't have a pic right now but the speaker mounted with the two bolts that hold the speaker frame on the dash. That's probably the speaker frame that you would cut up. MOST A bodies from 67-76 and B bodies from 66-70 used a four hole speaker mounted to the frame above. I've been parting them out for 20 (plus) years and about 10 percent come in with the 1 piece speaker frame assembly.

Here's a good site for both stock replacement speakers and modified stereo speakers that fit in the hole:
http://www.turnswitch.com/speakers.htm

Guess I was in the lucky 10%. For some reason I was under the impression it was other way around. I have not taken many apart though. Thank You Greg for the correction

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back