4x4 into 4x2 conversion kit

-

mopar426

Reaction score
hey everybody i was wondering if anybody has delt with the full time t case that they put in dodge trucks i ask this cause im thinkin about buyin a 1978 w150 and it has it but i found a conversion kit that i can put it into 2 wheel drive any ideas?

Yes I had a part time kit in an NP203 and it worked great. This is the cheap part.
The expensive part is 78 power wagon uses press in hub bearings so the kit to put hubs in requires a good bit of cash.
The cheapest way is actually to change the axles to 81 and newer that has the larger bolt pattern with the standard wheel bearings, some of them already had lock outs from the factory.

Why do you want to change it? My .02, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Now, if it needs lots of work, maybe.
Dallas

The issue with changing the axles to big pattern part time hub locking is the rear end has to be changed too............. Now..........

In the 70's, they made part time too, small pattern.........

I have put the kits in, changed the hubs, etc, it's really not that big of a deal if you are an axle type of guy. The stub axle, and spindle out is all you need, the inner axle and tube is the same.

It's just a matter of finding parts.

Don't expect as big of a difference in MPG as you hear, or the front driveline/knuckle joints lasting longer. Sitting in one spot is worse on them than running all the time, if grease is used.

thanks for the info but i didnt buy the truck i bought a 76 ramcharger with a 440 in it 4 inch lift with 35s

-
Back