5.7 Eagle accesories in an A body?

-

bignick

Reaction score
This might have been discussed before but what water pump, Alternators are you running? I bought a timing cover from a Ram pick up. Setup with be 70' Duster, 5.7 Eagle with a 904 . I've never done this swap, thanks for the help, also will I not be running A/C, and it will be Carborated.

This might have been discussed before but what water pump, Alternators are you running? I bought a timing cover from a Ram pick up. Setup with be 70' Duster, 5.7 Eagle with a 904 . I've never done this swap, thanks for the help, also will I not be running A/C, and it will be Carborated.

With a carb I would think the truck setup should work fine, mounts the alternator on top and DS.

But how are you controlling the ignition? The HEMI6 controller won't read the later crank tone ring. Do you have another method for ignition?

I was really wanting to know what water pump and alternators you guys are using or what is there application? There is so many options. Seems almost everything used a different water pump. I wont be using a heater either so it doesn't need heater hose pipes.

No I will be running the MMX ignition.

Wasn't aware MMX had an option. Pretty cool, whole lot easier than swapping the tone ring. And I think it is cheaper overall than the HEMI6 box as well. Nice!

I was really wanting to know what water pump and alternators you guys are using or what is there application? There is so many options. Seems almost everything used a different water pump. I wont be using a heater either so it doesn't need heater hose pipes.

Hopefully people will see this and help. There was one guy that likes to cut down the truck cover (don't remember why) but I couldn't find his post or even remember who he was. Maybe @RockinRobin or @408 swinger?

I would think you would need the pump and alternator from the truck. Only caveat that I can think of is how the alternator would be controlled. I know you can wire the 03-08 stuff like an old square back. I tried that with a 2013ish car alternator and it did not work. Pcm controls them Waaaay differently.

There is a sticky here to install a 1 wire voltage regulator on the newer style alternators. Just didn't know if there was a mini Denso that someone has figured out how to mount. Just getting my ducks in a row. Once it gets cooler I'm gonna stab it in the car.

If you're using a truck cover you need the truck pump. I'm the one cutting up the truck covers. Because I use gm cs130 alternators with no a/c or p/s. You will also need a truck balancer if you have a car engine

20240801_180051.jpg

If you're using a truck cover you need the truck pump. I'm the one cutting up the truck covers. Because I use gm cs130 alternators with no a/c or p/s. You will also need a truck balancer if you have a car engine

View attachment 1716293535

Thanks!

Want 2 more covers and balancers? I've got no use for them. :D

What do you use to pull the truck balancers? The typical pullers work for a car balancer but the truck one is different. I found something last time but it was pretty redneck and I need to do another.

I use a large 3 jaw with the jaws turned out to grab the inside of the ring. PM me on the truck covers. If your using the Truck a/c and alt. Double check your hood clearance

-
Back