5.7 Throttle body

-

Stacked360

Reaction score
For the folks who have done the 5.7 swap already...how did you tackle your throttle control? I know that Mopar Performance sells a kit to convert the drive by wire to cable control for an old school pedal. Though the only reason I would consider something like this is I've driven an 09' Challenger enough to know that there is some very small but noticeable throttle delay, and lifeless feeling to the gas pedal.

Drive by wire? Throttle cable conversion? What's been done?

How is throttle response and pedal feel?

My dart is not running yet, but I did have the DBW in my 05 Magnum RT. There is a slight hessitation, but after you drive it a while, you don't even notice it. There is a company out there that makes a box to plug in to get rid of it, can't remember their name...

Checked on a throttle body conversion from Mopar...$500 and some change...I think I'll try to live with the Drive by Wire. I would be very interested in that box though.

Edit.
Nm, found it, all it does is reworks your voltage to get you to WOT faster than flooring it...I guess I'll get it running and see how it reacts, I've heard some people have it, others don't...much like the elusive "Hemi Tick"

I have drive by wire on mine and have no problems with a flat spot. Only thing is if you rev it in neutral it takes a second to go back down to idle.

If you are using the factory computer you must use a drive by wire throttle. Hemi's only came with DBW from the factory. If you want a cable operated throttle you must go to an aftermarket ECM either AEM, FAST, Megasquirt, or some other similar ECM. As far as I know, no aftermarket ECM uses drive by wire.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

The 03 and (I think) 04 used a cable to a box, then that sent the electrical signal to the tb. Dont know if there is "lag" with that setup or not.

Throttle response is easily adjusted with a DiabloSport tuner if you stick with the factory PCM.
A Diablosport Predator is the same price as the pos "Sprintbooster" but includes significant added value. Rev Limit, idle, Timing and A/F adjustment, Eliminate Torque Management along with the option for custom tuning.

I was planning on getting one eventually...I've heard great things about the Diablo Predator Tuner. How much can you adjust the throttle response?

-
Back