5.7L hemi Duster/resto.

-

sag

Reaction score
Ive been working on the car for the past year or so.........
Heres the Objective: I want it to be a pro touring style car with a Tri-4 link rear susp, coil over front susp., and 5.7L hemi base engine posibly 392 strocker.

Thanks for lookin

tring to get the pics to work i cant seam to get them to come up, after i go to up load them it says upload failed

test

sg (2).jpg

i finally got this computer to see things my way Being 23 years old you would think i coud use this dang thing

quarter pannel removed

sg6.jpg

quarter panel extention repaired

sg7.jpg

as you can se the quarter didnt match up quite right at the door jam, it actualy was off b about a inch. so i had to cut out the piece that is now green to get the gap even close to right

This is the car as it is today after working on the mini tubs......i also already have installed frame rail conectors about a week or two ago but havent got the chance to get the pics of them thanks for looking

new pics 003 (2).jpg

new pics 005 (3).jpg

new pics 007 (2).jpg

new picsx (2).jpg

Looking good, keep the pic's coming....

Very nice work. I wish you were close by so we could swap your body work for my 3G work. I need to replace a couple of smaller panels.

Your getting there, slowly but surely.

Great work....MY cars is getting the same pro touring treatment as yours. Let me know if your looking for Hemi parts. I have a truck intake, rails and TB as well as a front cover with all the accessories...alt, ps and A/C.

Keep up the good work!

Riddler

If all go's well ill be finishing the pass. side mini tube this weekend. I gotta thank tincup for the idea.

What's going on SAG ? How about an update...

ran into a bump. put a lift on my 04 ram 1500 6 inch lift. 37 inch tires. played a little to hard and sucked in about a gallon of water at 4000rpm.:angry7: broke a con rod. got lucky that there was no damage to the block or crank. its amazing how strong the 5.7 hemi bottom end is. long story short it took time and money away from the duster. now that i have the truck back together im gonna get back to my first project and hopfully stick with it this time. thanks for lookin i do have some pics of the truck and damage i could post? just some food for the eyes let me know?

The hemi in the pics is a 5.7 that was in my truck. as you can se a 6000lb truck with 37" tires and a 6" lift dosnt go well with a broken rod (due to opperator abuse) sucked in water causing the engine to hydro lock and brock a rod. luckily that was the only damage. i put in 8 new pistons/rod assemblies and all new bearings. The truck has its power plant back in now and i now have about 1000 miles on the engine and its running strong :) like a mopar always dose.

as for the car now that i can get back to it i started messin with my mini tubs again and hopes are that i will get some more work done on it this weekend
thanks for lookin

hemi3.jpg

hemi2.jpg

hemi.jpg

dust2.jpg

dust.jpg

truck.jpg

-
Back