5.9 build

-
Can't see it being not at the crank, even a strong 318 can make 411 lbs-ft.
In the video he states that it was on a Mustang dyno. I looked it up and they are chassis dynos so this is rwhp.
I have to clarify, the 411 lbs/ft was just one of two similar 408 Magnums he talks about. Both 10.3:1, PIE stage 1 heads, Kegger mods…Difference is cam. The other engine is more impressive with 467 lb/ft.

So far I have not been able to find any synonyms runs with a level 2 porting eq’s found flow #s but no running combos

So far I have not been able to find any synonyms runs with a level 2 porting eq’s found flow #s but no running combos
Honestly, I don’t think Stage 2 will get you where you want to be, not close. Unless you run nitrous or forced induction. Both viable options.
For me, my Procharged 408 uses well ported Hughes Edelbrocks to make 650 HP and 600 lb/ft. With a hotter cam and above 9.5:1 compression and it would be 500+ n/a.
My 4” 340 uses IMM ported Edelbrocks to make 511 hp.
See the pattern? The answer for you is clear.

Also, not required, is intake. You would be better served by a Victor EFI intake. Single plane will aid not hinder in the quest for 500 hp.

@pat d
I just noticed the join date. I thought we joined FABO on the same day until I looked twice.

I just looked on the PIE website and there is no flow data on the Stage 1 heads but the Stage 2 description has a flow chart that hits 290 CFM from .500"-.600" lift and 212 CFM at .300", which is pretty good. Flow isn't too far behind a TF head. I'd say that if the chart isn't lying, the Stage 2 heads could easily support 500+HP if the rest of the parts are capable.

A single plane would be a big plus in the “500” hunt and it would work excellent with a super charger. Use a centrifugal super charger. A turbo is a great idea as well if your into plumbing.

2001 to 1996 DODGE RAM 5.9, 5.2 High Output Intercooled Tuner Kit with P-1SC 1DA202-SCI - thesuperchargerstore.com

Small Block MOPAR & LA 318-360 – Single Charger | TorqStorm

This would be my route in the quest for 500hp with what you have on the engine now, IF you don't have hypereutectic pistons, IF you can get an intercooler to fit.
I'm sure there is a way the Dakota R/T people do it. Just googling "Dakota R/T Intercooler" yields some "direct fit" options that I didn't click. From what Engine Masters and Richard Holdener, any cam is a supercharger cam. If it works great NA it will be great boosted. Compression on a closed chamber head with good quench can be higher than the old school thinking of ~8.5:1. In recent years we've been seeing boosted 10:1+ ratios, providing for forged rotating assemblies. You're 114 degree LSA is good. LSA was another thought that was challenged by Engine Masters and Holdener. I still believe LSA's in the upper range (110-114) are better for boosted applications.

I you want to stay N/A then the heads, valvetrain, intake, cam, ... need to get swapped out for what was discussed earlier.
https://www.edelbrock.com/super-vic...l-block-chrysler-la-series-engines-28155.html
Trick Flow Specialties TFS-61417801-C00 Trick Flow® PowerPort® 190 Cylinder Heads for Small Block Mopar | Trick Flow Specialties

@pat d Either way, we never discussed what your true cam specs, compression, and your rotating assembly is.

-
Back