5 and 2

-
Hmmmm. Hadn't noticed that. I need to thank more people. No.

5 and 2.

Shucks.............I thought I had it. I didn't have my leather thinking cap on though.

#5 cylinder and #2 cylinder are missfiring.

BIN......"5"k.

Hi Bid...."2",125.

Yeah......and you see the name of the high bidder? LMAO. What in the world. lol Doesn't look like it will sell either. Oh well.

But no, fishmens67 nailed it.......unfortunately.

is this on the ranger your working on, if so, what did you find.

Number 5 was actually the one throwin the misfire code....but number 2 was CLOSE behind. All of the exhause valves were turning white like they were overheating. Number 5 got to the point that it lost it's seal. The seats look great. Thank goodness. Also, the margins on the exhaust valves are VERY thin. I think that probably didn't help. What I think did it......the fuel was stopped slam up. Before I tore it down, it also had a PO171 lean code in it. Plus, number 5 injector was crudded up.

Now for some opinions. Without goin into detail, my exhaust is modified. In other words, it flows REAL free. Get me? Plus, it has a 3" cat back all the way to the bumper. The stock injectors are three hole squirters rated at 13.5 LBS per hour. The next step up and also lister to fit the truck are some 22 LBS per hour four hole injectors. With the exhause freed up and my MSD coil, NGK wires and plugs, yall think 22 LB injectors are over kill? I'm, GONNA get new ones anyway, cause I aint doint all this a THIRD time. LOL This is gonna be expensive right when we don't need it too. Head gasket set, head bolts, new valves and injectors. I am just thankful to GOD tat I can do all of the work myself....even if it takes my disabled *** ten times longer to do it. lol So what do yall think? I know nothing about fuel injection.

BANK 1 AND BANK 2
Middle cylinders....A ford thing......:glasses7:
oops to late...
P0171 Code the majority of the time is a vacuum leak on bank one could be caused by clogged fuel filter like you had...
PCV hose and vacuum elbows shrivel up on this fords and the intake o/rings leak....Of course those will be taking care of ....

Bank 1 is passenger side of motor.Cylinders 123
Bank 2 is drivers side...cylinders 456.
p0171 is lean code for bank 1
p0174 is lean code for bank 2

5.2 liters/BORED TO 427, cruzin 101,do in a buck 10.11on the radar gun ,she got , Duel carbertators ,ported and reviled, put the drop top down ,SHE"LL make the devel believe, she"s got /5 speed 4;11 10 :13 in the quarter mile ,drinks gas, full blown nitrious , speed quenn with a smile DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVE / LET SALLY DRIVE
5/2=2.5

-
Back