68 Sedan

Reaction score
Guess what "I" got to see today......

P0002416-1.JPG

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, got more pictures?

T....your title caught my attention....

:-\"......:dontknow: Tell me more or show me more....LOL

whew lol. ithought it said gmc on the front lol. whew. glad thats over :-D

so what is it? challenger sms sounds sweet:)

At least the emblem doesn't say F I A T.....LOL

That is a (guess you'd call it) "mule" for Saleen's SMS challenger. That particular car is actually an SRT with a 6.1 and an auto in it. It's on it's way to Florida for a bit of supercharger R&D.

I spent a fair amount of time talking to Mike Ross who works for SMS and was here with the car. I had already been told they were doing some R&D on a 6.1, but Mike wouldn't tell me much of anything concerning that.

The 570 and 570X are both built using the 5.7, but the 570X is punched out to a 6.0 for that 700hp.

Most of what you see is pretty close to what production will be (with production starting the end of this month they said) But with that said, Steve (Saleen) is still tweaking on some stuff, including the exact placement of the "scoops" on the fresh air hood. And unlike the SRT's, these will have the air ducted IN to the motor, as opposed to ON to the motor.

Anyway, here are a couple more pics. Guess who's Moustang that is in the background. (they offered to crank it up to over 700hp for me...but I didn't hear the word FREE in there)

oh yeah....I got some minor info on the supercharger for these. It's a brand new piece, sits completely on top of the motor, is a twin screw, and has intercoolers built in. VERY nifty looking piece

P0002417-1.JPG

P0002418-1.JPG

P0002419-1.JPG

SOunds like it'd be a pretty kick-*** car. But, and you guys can yell at me if ya want for this, I don't like what they did with the body.... its boarderline "ricey". I kinda think they tried to hard or to much with the body or something, just my 2-cents.

Nice, very nice.
I tell ya, I don't mind Steve working on my stuff. He may be a Pony Mustang guy at heart, but if he's willing to help on super charging duties, by all means, come on in and grab a wrench! I'd be more than happy to let that fella in.

His rep speaks for it's self and he's known to be into cars from more than just a long time. He's a lifer like me except I aint famous, LOL.

Hood is good and the rest is still OK by me.

Yeah.....The duct in front of the front tire and behind the rear tire are there to create a suction so air can come in over the brakes. Also, the rear was extended (or tunneled) 3" to create a suction for downforce at high speeds. Obviously this car was sans tips, and it also didn't have "their" dash in it....which is why I didn't take any interior shots. The seats had two stripes on each side (under your ribs) that mimic the stripes on the fenders. Their SMS logo was stenciled on the seats, but will be embroidered for production.

I also didn't post the under hood picks I took, cause the ductwork for the hood wasn't there, and (at the moment) it has a "run of the mill" 6.1 in it. Mike also told me they will have (quote) MORE CARBON FIBER on them lol

Damn - now that is SEXY!!! I got the email from Mike B about it being there but could not go down myself and take a peak at it. Thanks for posting the pics.

BTW - Put the wheels on "IT's" cousin today and already got a call about the car. He specificaly asked if the wheels were staying on the car. Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer, guy is coming by tomorrow to look at her....

SMS supercharger, I took this pic off a Challenger at SEMA......they are gonna offer them in all sorts of colors

SANY0765.JPG

Yeah, that looks like it. BUT what they told me is they won't be using an open filter setup like in that pic. It will go in to a "factory" type filter box, and the hood will be duct (ducted?) into the filter box.

I think he said they will be able to color the supercharger to match any of the exterior colors offered.

Gary, there were only 3-5 members that made it by including me. I got the impression one else spent much time talking to them.

I want one. I need more for the wheels now:toothy10:

That is a (guess you'd call it) "mule" for Saleen's SMS challenger. That particular car is actually an SRT with a 6.1 and an auto in it. It's on it's way to Florida for a bit of supercharger R&D.

I spent a fair amount of time talking to Mike Ross who works for SMS and was here with the car. I had already been told they were doing some R&D on a 6.1, but Mike wouldn't tell me much of anything concerning that.

The 570 and 570X are both built using the 5.7, but the 570X is punched out to a 6.0 for that 700hp.

Most of what you see is pretty close to what production will be (with production starting the end of this month they said) But with that said, Steve (Saleen) is still tweaking on some stuff, including the exact placement of the "scoops" on the fresh air hood. And unlike the SRT's, these will have the air ducted IN to the motor, as opposed to ON to the motor.

Anyway, here are a couple more pics. Guess who's Moustang that is in the background. (they offered to crank it up to over 700hp for me...but I didn't hear the word FREE in there)

oh yeah....I got some minor info on the supercharger for these. It's a brand new piece, sits completely on top of the motor, is a twin screw, and has intercoolers built in. VERY nifty looking piece

700 hp....??? hhmmm

Hmmmm I much like the prototype I seen in 2006 over the way it's been dressed now IMO. here is the pic I have of the 2006prototype with a 71 for comparison...

2006 - 1971 Callenger.jpg

my god did they ugly that thing up.the body on those cars are just too big.

That's what I've been saying from the beginning, it's fat, belt line is too high, proportions are way off. They could have done a lot better, not that I'd turn mu nose up at that plum crazy one once it rolls out of Saleen's shop :-D

Wow,cool looking ride,i don't mind the look of it,especially with the purple paint.Sure the proportions are out,but i still like it.

A buddy of mine just got a Tor Red SRT and I think the bottom is black (think 69 GTX) This slims the bottom of the car quite a bit. Maybe the additional carbon fiber they're planning will do the same.

They're stupid fast, drive nice, and are a MOPAR.

What more could you really want?

-
Back