572 Build

-

440dartsport

Reaction score
I just thought I would share this new motor build with you guys. This is going to be a street/strip motor that will be built to run on pump gas. We have most of the parts now except for Pistons. It should be finish built and dynoed early September.
-Indy Maxx Aluminum block
-Mopar billet crankshaft
-Callies steel rods
-Diamond dished pistons(gas ported and coated)
-11/1 compression
-Comp Solid Roller -55mm core - 4/7 swap -.824" lift intake and exhaust 289 duration at .050" 113 LSA
-Indy 572-13 heads CNC ported by Modern Cylinder Head 409cfm at .800"
-Jessel 1.7 Rockers
-Indy 440-3x intake
-carb is not 100% yet but most likely a 1250 dominator based Pro Systems Carb

Attachments

• image.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 924
Here's a pic of what had to be done to feed pressurized oil to the lifters since the Indy block is not drilled for pushrod oiling.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 800
Got a friend that just fired his 574 tonight for the first time,will see how it runs this weekend at the track.:D

Thanks guys. It will be interesting when it goes on the dyno. I have searched all over the internet and read other 572 builds but none of them were pump gas motors.

lol its harder to reduce the comp. than to raise it in these builds, mine is over 16.1 with flat tops but the b1 chambers are at 57cc i have a sv1 alk. to run mine on. What are your plans for Headers ?

We had to have a custom piston made with a 28cc dish. I am going to try to make my 2 1/8" pro parts headers fit but if they don't I will have to make a set. The lift is so much because it's a 55mm core. The smallest cam lobe they could grind is .480" and that combined with the 1.7 rockers they came up with this grind. The 4/7 swap is going to be interesting. Everything I read about that guys say it really smooths them out.

i dont know about the ex- port location on the -13s but i have a set of 2 1/8in 4in coll. headers from a b1 low deck Valiant under chassi header, if you think you can use them let me know.

I can't say for sure but from all the dyno sheets i've seen from other 572 builds, the 2 1/8" picks up about 50 ft/lbs of torque down low and only gives up 10hp or so up top over a bigger tube. I would think that it would like a 2 1/4" header and that is something we might play with on the dyno if we have time.

Cool. I was wondering what those big cube motors liked.

We will find out in about 2-3 weeks when it hits the dyno. The pistons showed up today. They are hard anodized on the tops and in the ring lands. They also are gas ported on the sides.

Why did you feel you needed presurized oil to the lifters? The heads are spray bars, correct? I'm not sure you'll see much in the 4/7 swap. The basis for that swap is more the internal harmonics and the intake flow than feel. It should help depending on the rpm range you run. IMO - the cam's a little small but this is a street/strip deal, right? A buddy made 875 on his RB based 496 with ported -1s and a cam similar to what you have there. You've got a much larger cross section there - I think it would like more to make more than 1.5hp/inch.

The motor builder felt that the pressurized oil to the lifters was needed because of it being driven miles on the street. We are still using spray bars to cool the springs but restricting them. The cam core automatically comes with the 4/7 swap because it is a 55mm core from Comp. We will be turning it to atleast 8000 on the Dyno to see where it makes peak power.

Not to distract from your thread but what happened to your old motor? Just want more power or did the old one give up the ghost? Just curious as the motor I'm currently building is nearly identical to what you were running.

Not to distract from your thread but what happened to your old motor? Just want more power or did the old one give up the ghost? Just curious as the motor I'm currently building is nearly identical to what you were running.

The motor I was running before was flawless for 3 1/2 years at 760hp. Then this fall the cam broke in 4 pieces. We tore the motor down and there was no other damage done but thought that it would be a good time to step up the power level. I was a little nervous running that much power from the stock block and it should have had a roller cam in it. We were just expecting too much out of the flat tappet cam.

The motor I was running before was flawless for 3 1/2 years at 760hp. Then this fall the cam broke in 4 pieces. We tore the motor down and there was no other damage done but thought that it would be a good time to step up the power level. I was a little nervous running that much power from the stock block and it should have had a roller cam in it. We were just expecting too much out of the flat tappet cam.

Well that's good to hear, thanks for the response. I'm running a solid roller in mine so hopefully that will help. That's the only downside, once i get bored at the power its making i have to make the huge step like you are to an aftermarket block etc.

-
Back