6.1 Carb Intakes?

-
Can I use a Stock Air cleaner. Currently I use a dual snorkel and it would be nice to keep but it looks from Pictures that the intaktes are all too high.

does anybody know weight and dimensions of both intakes for shipping to germany? No vendor is answering. My question seems to be to difficult for them... :-(

That was my thought... Bummer... There are those bolt on self tuning kits that loom like a carb, performance products maybe?

JOE
I hate to say this but I wouldnt go with anything indy have.I would get as much info as I could.If edelbrock makes them I would go with them.You will get better sevice through edelbrock.Indy has a bad rep on costmer service.You beeing in germany I would go with the one with the best costmer service. Mark

You're probably gonna have to go with whoever makes one. Just my 2 cents.

XV is not responding, Indy is not responding for my request.....
> Buschi , What if you made your own 2 snorkle "base" to squeeze-in (2) 2bbl tbi's on say an eddy dual qual/dual plane manifold ? $354. at Flatlander Racing. Maybe ? :cheers:, ateam.

> Buschi , What if you made your own 2 snorkle "base" to squeeze-in (2) 2bbl tbi's on say an eddy dual qual/dual plane manifold ? $354. at Flatlander Racing. Maybe ? :cheers:, ateam.
interesting idea. Really. I have a TBI in my Chevy and it's working w/o problems since 12 years now. BUT I love this oldschool Carb thing. And I like the appearance of the XV intake. Found a shop who sells them for 499 bucks. But do you know what? They are not responding.... LOL. I can ship for nada through my company (I'm working for an US company) but I need the approx. dimensions. Nothing more.... seems I have to give the shipping girl some guessed numbers. 15LBS are ok? Length and width can be measured on the motor. What can be the height? 10"?

Attachments

• MP drag pack intake.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 191
interesting idea. Really. I have a TBI in my Chevy and it's working w/o problems since 12 years now. BUT I love this oldschool Carb thing. And I like the appearance of the XV intake. Found a shop who sells them for 499 bucks. But do you know what? They are not responding.... LOL. I can ship for nada through my company (I'm working for an US company) but I need the approx. dimensions. Nothing more.... seems I have to give the shipping girl some guessed numbers. 15LBS are ok? Length and width can be measured on the motor. What can be the height? 10"?

Have you tried calling Indy? I know it may cost a bit to call since you are over seas, but, I heard that they (Indy) do answer thier phone.

that depends on the user. What you don't want to do and what others will could be different. Some don't dare back half a car others look at it as a minimum requirement. So it's all relitive. And even with a port mismatch of the 5.7 intake to the 6.1 head is not that bad. It has been done many many times. Usually the other way around ie a 6.1 manifold on a 5.7 head, but it is doable. And if you open the ports up some it's better than nothing.

Its time like theese im happy to have my tig welder and mill. :naka:

hm, i should ask below question better in my own thread instead of the 5.7. But subject remains the same, interesting for both engine types....

if I decide to go with XV for the 6.1. Do I have to plug the injector holes? A shop who is selling them for 499 USD ( Moes performance) has a describtion what let me think it is one manifold for both, carb and EFI.

http://moesperformance.com/index.php...oducts_id=1693

so there won't be any performance differences between those manifolds? Just the designs are different and the Indy is giving some more opportunities for later (maybe dual carb). Right?
Even better, 4 barrel, dual 4-barrel, Six Pack and even a blower are part of the options this design has to offer here...

A couple things about the Indy. The first thing you'll notcie about this intake is the humongous plenum volume which as we all know will destroy torque and throttle response. Indy claims to have combatted this with the use of short runners saying the air and fuel enter the plenum where it remains suspended untill an intake valve opens and voids a runner thereby drawing in the surplus remaining in the plenum on demand and as it needs it. I don't own one of these or even a hemi for that matter so I cant really comment on this, just lay out the facts.

The next issue with the Indy which I find, is the runner length. Again I can't comment on the performance here but it seems like this manifold will kill power and torque output untill your practically above the rev limit. Look at the Hyperpack manifolds and the Crossram manifolds chrysler produced. 16", 18-19" and 24" runners were incorparated into these various manifold designs for a reason. The name of the game is pressure-wave-dynamics / acoustical-tuning what have you. The idea is that when the intake valve closes, the moving gases pile up against it and become denser, this creates a wave (as the gasses pile up on itself) which travels up the length of the runner at the speed of sound where it reaches the plenum and turns around and travels back down the length of the runner at the speed of sound. If the runner is appropriately designed in length for the speed at which you want your peak power and torque, the valve will open right as this high pressure wave reaches the valve. Now the hyperpack for the slant with its 18 and 19" runners hit peak power at 2500 rpm if I recall correctly. Meanwhile there where two different lengths of crossram manifolds, the 16" hit peak power at 3200 rpm and the 24" at 2400 rpm. Indy's manifold has what appears to be 1-2" runners, so you can see where I'm getting at.

Just thoughts to chew on and maybe do some research to read into...

**disclaimer** runner length and peak power #'s on the crossrams are ballpark as my memory is spotty. Peak power on the Hyperpack might be off a bit too.

becareful with moes. They used to be great years ago. And shipped out the same day you placed your order, but lately if you want it fast order someplace else. As they tend to take forever to ship now. I have seen guys order from them and not get parts for weeks. They are trustworthy though just really slow on shipping since the got bigger/busyer.

hm, i should ask below question better in my own thread instead of the 5.7. But subject remains the same, interesting for both engine types....

if I decide to go with XV for the 6.1. Do I have to plug the injector holes? A shop who is selling them for 499 USD ( Moes performance) has a describtion what let me think it is one manifold for both, carb and EFI.

Its time like theese im happy to have my tig welder and mill. :naka:
. So Thermoquads are a direct fit on the eddy/2x4. Only problem is butterflies woun't open. Width of the secondaries, just happens to be same width as "outside" of carb base area. Weld or spacer- what's it gonna be ? ateam.:pottytra:

-
Back