/6 3 speed questions

-

Mopar Fan

Reaction score
I have a 73 Duster with a slant 6 and a column shifted automatic trans. I am in the process of acquiring the parts necessary to convert to a floor shifted 3 speed manual trans. I have just acquired the trans with proper 6 cylinder bell housing as well as all the shift rods and shifter (Big Thanks to Scott AKA b5 demon for the hook up on those parts!). I also scored the 4 speed shift tunnel from Scott so that will be going in soon.
Here's where the questions come in.....
Other than a pedal set up, a clutch, flywheel and pressure plate combo, what else will I need to finish this conversion?
Is there a specific Z bar I need for a 6 cylinder?
How about my driveshaft? Is it useable as is or will I need to modify/replace it?
What about the trans mount?
What is the proper way to hook up my reverse lights? Can I just plug in the harness from the automatic or will it need to be modified?
I appreciate in advance any help and info you guys can pass along as I have never done this type of conversion before.
Thanks!
Tony

the trans mount and driveshaft are the same. im not exactly sure if the Z bar is /6 specific. you will need the rods that go from the pedal to the release arm, and you will need the pivot ball that the Z bar rides in that is mounted to the body. sorry im at a loss for the proper technical terms LOL

Wow! That's great news that I can reuse the drive shaft and trans mount.
That puts me that much closer to shiftin gears!
I'm not sure about the Z bar being different for the 6 cylinder cars but thought I read somewhere that it might be. Let's hope not...
Thanks for the input

my 73 duster was a 225 with a 3 speed on the floor. i pulled everything out for a V8/727. i had every single part minus the trans mount that i could barely give away LOL. post a want add and i bet someone here has one for you. if the ball stud thing that the Z bar rides on bolts onto the car, i will pull mine off and you can have it. i also have the rod that comes off the clutch pedal thats still attatched if you need it, let me know

That would be great. I would appreciate those parts very much. I will pm you my address and of course pay for shipping at the very least.
Thanks!
Tony

-
Back