/6-360 conversion..suspension????

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
so im gonna swap a 360 into my /6 1970 dart. i want this car to handle good and even, reduce (or eliminate) body roll, and i need it at a cheap but trustworthy price (meaning not pos parts thatll snap)

any thoughts?

torsion bars, sway bars, do the bushings while you have it apart.

i can skip the bushings, theyr all fresh. bought the car and immideatly had major work done. all the bushings are new an theres new brake lines and brakes...however i need disc brakes up front eventually.

So whats the differnce between torsion an sway bars :read2: im not tooo tech savy haha

for that matter, what are frame connectors? again sorry for my slight idiocy. if it makes u feel better, iuve heard all these before, just never had them installed and such so im at a loss as to what they are and what they do (they being torsion and sway bars and frame connectors)

Go to the suspension Forum,start reading what others have done to upgrade their rides.Not trying to be mean,but there,s alot of info to help you decide which route you,d like to take getting your car to handle better.:read2:

Torsion bars are the springs that hold the front end up, similar to coil springs used on brand X cars. Frame connectors are pieces of steel that tie the front sub-frame to the rear sub-frame on these uni-body (no full frame) cars. A good set of shocks will help also.

-
Back