/6 bellhousing Question

-

Barrycuda

Mopar Maniac Guru
Reaction score
Hi gang.
is there a flywheel and bellhousing that will take a 10 inch clutch . cause my 1/2 P.U has a 9 1/4 clutch and it seems to be light duty to me for a truck ...... thanks for any help

Barrycuda. I am not sure, as I do automatics, but I think there is a problem using a larger then stock dia clutch in the small bellhousing. I do know there is a large truck bellhousing and clutch, but I don't know all the details, to do the conversion. Go to www.slantsix.org and register, and do a search for the info you need. This has been discussed there, a few times. If you need to ask questions, post in the transmission and rear end forum.

There is a 10" clutch that fits the same flywheel and bell housing. I had one in my 68 Barracuda when it had the \6. i got mine from NAPA. Easy to find on NAPA online.

You WILL NOT be able to use standard hex head fastners. You will either need to pick up 12 point fastners from the likes of ARP or hex head fastners. Ther reason is that to get the pressure plate to bolt to the same bolt circle as the 9 1/4" clutch the bolt pattern is scalloped into the cover and the 10" disk comes very close to the bolts and actually touches the point of the hex it if points in. The instructions that came with the clutch set said that but I had to see for my self.

Hey DGC333
thanks for the heads up on the clutch and you are right I got the guys to pull one out for 9 1/4 and a 10 inch and the pressure plate bolt holes line up so now I will have a 10 in and not a 9 1/4 thanks again

BTW, I just noticed in the sentence about ARP bolts I said hex head, I ment to say you need allen head.

-
Back