6 Pack Issues...

-
IDK, what does the book say.

I give up.
Contact Jadaharabi
He's got all the answers.

What I believe you are indicating is I should be backing out the center carb idle to closed throttle, adjust the rods for closed outboards, then bring up the idle with the center.
Is this correct?

By closed you mean the end carbs are sitting on their stop screws set at the factory. Center carb closed, the end carb linkages should slide in to place without moving the butterflies on any of the 3 carbs.
Don't forget to check your float level settings.

See, there ya go the man with all the answers!

If it's loading up that bad at idle it could be a few issues. Sounds like the carbs need to be gone through. Could be a blown pv in the center carb, needle and seats in any of them, floats out of wack, loose meetering plates in the outboards. Front and rear carbs should close the same amount with no binding. Linkage rods should easily slide in and out. Run the thick mopar gaskets between the carbs and intake. You need to run a good fuel filter before the carbs otherwise you'll always be chasing your butt. If you work on them, put Holley parts back in. not some other garbage. Are you sure the intake doesn't have a vacuum leak, that'll also make it run all screwed up. Can you see an excessive amount of fuel coming out of any of the boosters at idle?
How big is the cam? Sounds like you're in for a steep learning curve.

You know, your right, theres no metering plate on the F/R carbs, so nothing for the power valve to screw into. I really should have thought this through, instead of freaking out and jumping online...
Thanks
What hose was off exactly & where did You attach it exactly? The outboard vacuum pots should "tee" together and attach to the venturi port on the center carb. If say, the
rear is attached to manifold vacuum, it will try to open against the positive stop controlled by the linkage rods running to the center's throttle shaft. Manifold vac is way more
powerful than venturi, & will try to open those against the throttle spring. Are the throttle positive close rods installed/adjusted correctly? Just some ideas........
When You state "loading up", You mean fuel is causing black smoke to belch out the pipes?

-
Back