6 pt bar on street car

-
been Mopar hot roddin since the early 70s.....same three rules still apply

rule #1 in the Mopar world.....if they make it, it don't fit
rule #2 in the Mopar world.... if they make it, it costs 4 times than the Chebby/ Furd stuff
rule #3 in the Mopar world..... better figure out how to make it yourself....so it fits and doesn't cost a fortune

good or bad / right or wrong......we are a special breed.
--------THIS------------I wouldn`t put a bar in a car w/ kids going to be in the back seat. My bar is up against he headliner, and behind the factory bucket seat, about no way my head could come in contact w/ it.

so what is a safe distance from a roll bar then? Because I just had a co-worker measure the distance between my head and the roll bar on my STOCK 2008 Jeep, 6 and 1/4 inches......

Last edited:
I have thought about installing a bar in my car and decided not to do it. I drive mine to the track and feel a bar requires a helmet.
I have subframes and stitch welded the rear floor seam. Car is very stiff, I'm around 400HP. Recently cracked 2 teeth on my ring gear so I figure that's my weak link.
Instead of going faster you might want to work on consistency if you bracket race.

for four grand you could by your own tubing manual bender with dies . and screw up a bunch of tubing , lol .

i agree with the rules , as you know hemidenny , the only way to cheep'n the build of a custom rod . you got to sell the stuff you can make ,. so everyone else gets the good deal on the parts for the mod , lol . just as eyes sees it

-
Back