/6 t0 v8 engine harness

-

devildart

Reaction score
hello; my 69 dart was orginally a /6, now it has a v8. What are the diffrences between a /6 engine harness and a v8 engine harness.

The actual connections should be the same. As far as 2 alt field wires, temp sendor, oil psi, distributor, alternator output, ballast resitor, and such. Figuring the slant had points, are you running points on the new motor? The old harness should work just the same, only wires will likely be longer than whats needed for a v8 versus a slant, so you can shorten them. If you went over to electronic ignition you will have to wire that in. Hope it helps, they all have the same dist plug, alternator, ballast, temp sendor, oil psi sender, etc...just different locations :D

I am running an electronic ignition. the person who owned the car before me spliced in the electronc ign wireing. He did a very poor job of it. I am trying to clean up the mess, I am embarassed to even lift my hood due to the hanging wires and household wire nuts connecting everything. I purchased a new electronic ignition conversion harness and chrome ecu new from mopar and the two field alt harness and triangle plug volt reg. all that came to about100 dollars. Then I read another post that said the 6 and the 8 harnesses are diffrent, and I can buy a new repro harness updated with elec ign and two field charging for about 120 dollars. so now I am wondering which way to go, correctly install the parts I bought or just buy the whole harness. Wish I knew about the harness two weeks ago.

I went from a \6 to a 360 in my 68 Barracuda. The only wire I actually shortened was the oil presure sender wire. The rest I just bundled up the extra length and and tied it together with a couple of tie wraps.

If your harness is hacked up I highly recomend getting the new harness. I did that with the orignal \6 and it was the best $80 (price at the time) I spent restoring the car.

-
Back