/6 to 360 swap

-

monoptn

Mopar Aficianado
Reaction score
I am swapping my Demon's slant six to a 360. I called a radiator shop to buy a better radiator, and they said the radiator for a demon/duster 340 in 1972 is only a 2 row radiator, which is the same as I have now. (The radiator in my car is not original). Is that correct, and will it adequately cool a 360?

Find another radiator shop or even better, go to NAPA and get a radiator for a 1974 Dart Sport with a 360 and A/C. That, a shroud, and a fan clutch and fan from any V8 A body from 67 up should cool the beast. :thumbup:

I agree i have a 22 in radiator fan sroud and mopar fan kit with
clutch for my 70 duster 360 6pack

The water in & outlets on a /6 six are different. The top is on the wrong side. It is workable, but a correctly plumbed 3 row and not to mention, brand new high flowing on rot or crud filled rad is best.

yes it is correct. i ordered a 1800radiator for my car years ago and got a 72 demon 340, a/c rad and it had only 2 rows. find a core and have a 3 row hi efficiency(3/8" on center tubes not 1/2") and you'll be fine. a good rad is money well spent.

Is the radiator for the '74 360 a three row? I bought a new radiator for a '72 340 with A/C and it's a two row. Would like a three row. Looks like I could buy another radiator for the same price as having a row added.

I purchased a 72 Dart heavy duty v8 / AC radiator for my 68 Barracuda when I replaced the \6 with a hot 360. This radiator is a 22" wide 2 core radiator with the inlet on the top left and outlet on the bottom right (same as the 19" \6 that was in the car). My engine is making around 370HP and this radiator with a clutch fan and no shroud keeps the temp constant at the control point of a 180 thermostat sitting in traffic on a 100+ degree day.

I see no reason to worry about a third row.

The 73+ radiator is also a 2 row but is 26" wide, the inlet outlet are in the same place as the 72. You core support opening is only 22".

I checked NAPA today, and a 74 Dart w/360 gets a 2 core radiator. It was $290, so I didn't order yet, especially since it was also a 2 row....was gonna get the consensus here first.

This looks like the radiator you are suggesting
http://www.napaautoparts.com/master...eCode=NR&PartNumber=3508&Description=Radiator

dgc333 said:
I purchased a 72 Dart heavy duty v8 / AC radiator for my 68 Barracuda when I replaced the \6 with a hot 360. This radiator is a 22" wide 2 core radiator with the inlet on the top left and outlet on the bottom right (same as the 19" \6 that was in the car). My engine is making around 370HP and this radiator with a clutch fan and no shroud keeps the temp constant at the control point of a 180 thermostat sitting in traffic on a 100+ degree day.

I see no reason to worry about a third row.

The 73+ radiator is also a 2 row but is 26" wide, the inlet outlet are in the same place as the 72. You core support opening is only 22".

Yep that's the one 22" $177, the $282 unit is a 26" wide radiator. With the jobber discount I believe it was $140ish.

:shaking2: Advance or auto zone, one of them told me about 180.00 last summer and the 318 With Air and 340 brought up the same replacement numbers. When my 340 goes in next month thats the route I'm going. walt

-
Back