/6 to 360

-

soaringcowman

Reaction score
hey guys i just bought a 70 duster with a /6. A buddy of mine has a 360 and 904 all complete for sale thats out of a 70 charger....

now i was curious on how well those conversion motor mounts work? do they sit the motor up any higher causing hood clearance or header interference with steering linkage.

And are the tranny mounts interchangable or will i need to get a 904 mount? and if so these are A-body mounts? or could i use his since he is going 727?

i know i gotta go with a 8 3/4 rear end...

now what other stuff do i have to change other then breaks and suspension??

thanks for all the input everyone :)..

the transmission mount is the same ...904/727... /6 or V8

I am using the Schumacher /6 to 360 conversion mounts in my Dart. THe engine stays in the factory location. THey have engineered the brackets for the mounts to keep it where it belongs.

Larry

oh i know its not the original motor, yeah i figured i'd get a stock v8 rad for the time being, and i believe it's a 7 1/4 or 7/34. i'll have to find out for sure, but i know i'll end going 8 3/4 with some 3.91 or 4.11....

Save yourself a 100 bucks check out the transdapt 4695 conversion mounts at Summit for 59.95. They are designed to work with mainfolds or Hedman Headers
I have not used them yet as I am several months from my conversion but I have known others who used them with great success.

i think i'm just gonna leave the rear end that in it in there for a bit with the 360 till i save up for a decent set up. The rear end should be fine as long as i don't beat up on it to hard shouldn't it???

i think i'm just gonna leave the rear end that in it in there for a bit with the 360 till i save up for a decent set up. The rear end should be fine as long as i don't beat up on it to hard shouldn't it???

I hope so! That's what I'm doing. I THOUGHT I was getting an 8 1/4" in my parts car... But did I count the bolts? NO!

Seriously though... As long as your not driving hard and launching like a funny car at the stoplights you should be fine.... 7 1/4"s can easily handle about 100-150 HP (at the crank). and its usually shock that breaks stuff.. So think smooth on the throttle.

Anyone want to say anything else about it?

Save yourself a 100 bucks check out the transdapt 4695 conversion mounts at Summit for 59.95. They are designed to work with mainfolds or Hedman Headers
I have not used them yet as I am several months from my conversion but I have known others who used them with great success.

Excellent note!

These mounts are cheaper than the schmaucher mounts but will only work with the older cars and not the newwer fail safe mounts.

The need for a 8-3/4 is not absoulute (sp!) and a 8-1/4 will do for mild street power.

ok so i was told i might have to swap some steering cross bar since the /6 might be straight while the v8 ones are curved to clear the oil pan?

is this true or will all stock steering on a /6 work with a v8(360)...

-
Back