/6 transmission question

-

1976dodgedart

Reaction score
im putting a 318 in my 76 dart sport am goin to be able to use the same 904 or am i goin to need a 904 that was originally mated to a v8 or a 727? the reason i ask is because i know the 904 will bolt up to a 318 but from what my dad has told me after looking at my 904 the starter would be in the way of the block if i dropped the 318??????

The slant trans will not work for the V8, Two deferent bell housing like your dad said. Sorry.

I think all you would need to do is get a V8 bell housing and it should work, I think.
Is the 904 an automatic trans ? I did not know you can change out the bell housing on the automatic.

Is the 904 an automatic trans ? I did not know you can change out the bell housing on the automatic.

Ops. Your right memike sorry. Don't know what I was thinking.

They use adapter plates on dune buggys to bolt up a VW style trans to a V8. Do the make any thing like that for a Sant/6 to V8 swap?

No you cannot. You have to get a V8 trans. I dont know how far away you are from me but I have a very good 904 if you are interested.

No you cannot. You have to get a V8 trans. I dont know how far away you are from me but I have a very good 904 if you are interested.

i would take u up on that offer but im a little to far away, shipping to texas would be a little to much i think i could find one around here without to much trouble but thank you very much for the offer!

-
Back