600 eddy squirter question

-

dartkory

Reaction score
I have a 318 with a 600 edelbrock 1406 carb and no matter how I change the jets and metering rods it always burns rich at idle. So I was just wondering, does anyone know, if I change the squirter size will it help lean it out a little at idle? and if so would it lean it out during cruise speeds? cause it seems to do good well cruising although it does burn pretty rich when I floor it (I see a little black smoke out back). dont know if it will matter much but my 318 has Keith Black pistons with about 9.5:1 compression, 360 heads, and the comp 275 DEH cam, and an edelbrock RPM intake. Thanks for any help, and or suggestions! -Kory

changing the squirter only effects the initial acceleration, the squirter provides a shot of gas as the throttle blades open up,,,if the throttle blades open up too fast without the squirter the engine goes lean and with pop back thru carb..

you need to get the edelbrock carburetor calibration kit pn 1487....it has a bunch of metering rods and jets and step up springs..

I'd re-check the float levels, also make sure you "do not" exceed 6 psi fuel pressure on those eddy carbs, 5.5 is where they like to be.

cool thanks, Im gonna check my fuel pressure and if that doesnt work I'll go get that jet and metering rod kit. Thanks again. -Kory

why are you adjuasting the idle mixtue with the jets and metering rods idle mixture is adjusted with the screw at the front of the carb also check the neddle and seat and float level a dirty neddle and seat will not stop the gas flow and can cause the condition you have make sure you fuel filtter is good

-
Back