61 300 k car barn find

-

badlilred79

badred360
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i know its not a a body but i found this 300 k bucket seats console tach 413 cross ram 74000 miles been park since 76 its all complete 500.00 for it what such i do with it its all there rat rod , restore it , sell it i know its kinda rare how maney 300 k are they

Attachments

• IMG_6195.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_6196.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_6197.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_6199.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_6200.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 389
Awsome find!!! Definitely a rare car. Parts alone on it are worth $500. If its complete than it should definitely be restored. I personally hate rat rods.

Thats a good find. I like letter cars. Restomod comes to mind.

Restore or sell to someone who will... Nice find. Looks pretty complete.

You live in Crossville??? cool... been there a couple of times my Father-in-law retired down there in Crossville, that car has to be restored, please don't do the rat rod thing, like the others have said if you can't/or afford to restore sell it to someone that will that is a treasure piece for sure.

I wounder if it has telescopic steering column I have see a few.
resto for sure!!

That's a 1964 300 K.

The 64's are the 2nd least desirable of the 55-65 letter cars with the 65 300 L probably the least desirable IN COMPARISON TO THE OTHER YEAR LETTER CARS. Still a collectable car.

http://www.chrysler300site.com/cgibin/history.cgi?1964

Don't Rat Rod it! Buy it for $500 and re-sell it for a profit to put into another car you own that you are more interested in. They are a very expensive car to restore, but there's people that love them that are ready and willing to put the time and money into them.

If it's really got a complete crossram setup, that alone is worth more than $500. Buy it and flip it to someone who likes those orphans......Oh yeah, if it also has the cast iron headers and the bits that go with 'em....there's a tidy piece of coin as well. 4spd? sell the whole car complete. I'd be all over it but I'm not in Tennessee LOL!

Like I need another one (I have two already...300 non-letter & a New Yorker)

Restore. The cross rams are worth more then the hole car. Those old boats can look pretty cool all cleaned up.

"Rat Rod"????????? WTF how can anything after 1935 be turned into a "Rat Rod" sell it to someone who will give it a proper resto. And god do I hope the over used, miss used, worn out term "rat rod" disappears soon. Painting something flat black and gluing a rubber rat and a beer tap to a car doesnt make it kool or personalized where the style started.......Sorry for my rant

"Rat Rod"????????? WTF how can anything after 1935 be turned into a "Rat Rod" sell it to someone who will give it a proper resto. And god do I hope the over used, miss used, worn out term "rat rod" disappears soon. Painting something flat black and gluing a rubber rat and a beer tap to a car doesnt make it kool or personalized where the style started.......Sorry for my rant
'

Man do I agree to that. I cringe at the words Rat Rod and Retro.

That's a cool car. But I have creeper thorns like that and that's been parked there for years. It would take at least 3 years to get the layers built up. Awesome car, and worth the $500 bills to flip. But barn find, maybe by the guy who left it outside. Not now.

i know its not a a body but i found this 300 k bucket seats console tach 413 cross ram 74000 miles been park since 76 its all complete 500.00 for it what such i do with it its all there rat rod , restore it , sell it i know its kinda rare how maney 300 k are they

AWESOME!!!
Cool Car!
Restore or sell to me!:wink:

Need some pics of the interior and engine!

awesome find, along with the majority i would agree that it shhould be restored. i do have 1 question though , did i see an old mopar wagon in one of those pics that might need a rescuer too?

Everybody is saying restore. But I am going to go out on a limb here and say Pro Touring with a 6.1 Hemi would be killer with that bodystyle. A early model SRT-8!

-
Back