[WANTED] 61 valiant/lancer filler tube ?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you had installed a '63 tank in your car and your '62 filler neck did not quite reach. Has someone confirmed that the '61 neck is longer and that's why your looking for that specific year? I I have you confused with another early "A" owner please disregard this message.

No your correct. A member had a filler from a 61 and measured it and it was 1 inch longer than mine .

I measured a '62 passenger car neck and it came out 22" with the tape against the backside of the retaining ring and measuring along the top of the main tube (as installed) which would make a '61 23" approx? Measured the damaged '66 Barracuda fill tube and it's about .020" larger on the OD but measures 24". Did not have a '61 for comparative measurements. Wanted to let you know my '66 neck is longer also and could possibly be easier to find than the '60-'61 fill tube your looking for.

My 62 measures 22" . In response to one of my posts a member said he measured his 61 tube at 22-7/8" . I have a 24" from a 65 but the bend is way off.

Good to know about the different shape. Thought I was helping but you're way ahead of me. And now I know my 22" tube is in fact a '62.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back