61 Valiant Value?

-

FU64RY

Reaction score
No Pictures.................sorry. Said he has no ability to work his fancy picture phone.
Farmer who bought it from the original owner and never titled it in his name.
Said it is a complete car 2 door sedan 170 3 speed on the floor, White exterior.
Engine and trans are out of the car and taken apart.
He said it needs floors and trunk floor also. He THINKS there is no frame rust.
Extra tires and wheels NBD.
Where are the typical rust areas?
$500 + $200 to deliver it to my door. Car is located in Va.
What body repair parts are available.

Have someone go look at it. If it's good, and you can fabricate it could be cool. There are no parts available. So you're cutting another one up or fabricating everything. But the fact you can't get pictures worries me. No pics, no sale. Even if it was free.

Tough one to restore. If just going to be a fixer upper lots of later mechanical parts can be used. Body/Trim on the other hand will be tougher to find. I have no idea on the price you are willing to pay but I hope not too much.It may not be cost effective.
I came from the rust belt then moved out west.There are many rust free cars out here that would be better to start with.Shipping would be about $600 to $1200 to have a car shipped to Pa.The early Valiant/Lancer restored may be valued as much as 10 grand for a #1 car.But I think it would be a hard sell. My 2 cents.

Where are the typical rust areas? Where to begin... Torque boxes, frame rails, firewall, trunk, lower quarters, drivers floor pan. Pictures can make anything look good anyway. I would go look at it real close. Putting a drivetrain in it would be the easy part. Body parts not so much. Hope it's not too bad and you can save it. Good luck on your hunt.

-
Back