62 gas tank proplem

-

nuttyprof

Reaction score
The fuel tank on my 62 valiant is rusted out in the seal area for the sending unit.:banghead: Any one had a similar problem fixed? Any suggestions?:prayer:

I had the same issues with my 62 tank. I ended up buying a new tank for a 63 Valiant which fits it is a little bigger and the strap goes around the tank but not in the designated location but I have not had any other issues.

I used all new tank and sending unit for a 63 model as the tank on the 62 is on the side of the tank and the sending unit on the 63 tank is on the front of the tank. But just to let you know my fuel gage is not working but I think it has to do with my gage I have not had the time to trouble shoot that issue as of yet.
I hope this helps if you would like I'll take piuctures of what I have tank wise

I do apologize I did not get the pictures last might I ws working late and will try and get them this afternoon.

To 38 dodge, if your new sending unit is not working and your sure its not electrical problem like a bad ground, you likely punctured the brass float when installing it. Its very easy to do without ever knowing it. I wish there were a plastic type factory replacement available.

-
Back