-
Status
Not open for further replies.

prometheus

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have decided to sell my 62 four door Valiant. I initially bought it over thirty years ago out of Austin TX as a parts car for my two door but started fixing it up. Back when I redid the whole front end, redid the brakes, and repainted it. Got a 225 and rebuilt it. I put in a hot cam and found special head. I don't remember the details on those, but the cam was picked so it would still be driveable on the street, and the head IIRC was high compression with big valves. I still have the original head. It has an Offenhauser manifold and a four barrel. The exhaust system was redone with a 2" pipes.

I had a local do the interior. He was the local to go to guy for all the hot rodders in the area and did some incredible work. A four speed transmission I was going to install but never did goes with the car.

The car sat for some time, but a year and a half ago I started working on it again. The car got a new tune up, new battery, new master and slave cylinders, new tires, new gas tank and sending unit, new driveshaft boot, new shocks. The radiator was clogged so also got a new radiator. I installed a coolant filter since I did not want the new radiator to get clogged, but to install it I had to take out the factory A/C. I still have all the A/C parts if someone would want to reinstall it. The car has probably not been driven over 100 miles since I have owned it. I Just took it for a drive after I took the pictures and it runs strong.

Issues and things that still need to be done The radio is installed but not hooked up. The heater core is not hooked up. It did not leak 30 years ago. The car has always been inside since I bought it, but somehow the paint now has a couple bubbles, and the left rear fender looks like rust under the paint, the inside of the fender is solid, as are all quarter panels. This is not a rust bucket. The driver floorboard has been patched but the rest of the bottom is solid. The spare tire does not have a rim. Some of the cloth on the driver's door is missing, and I was going to get the matching fabric but have not got around to it. I have come to the realization that at my age I have too many projects and this one needs to go.

The car has a clean title and is in southwest Louisiana on I10 two hours west of Houston. It is licensed and just got inspected.

I can take any pictures, videos or facetime as requested.

Asking $6000 but open to offers.

IMG_7823.jpg

IMG_7824.jpg

IMG_7825.jpg

IMG_7826.jpg

IMG_7811.jpg

IMG_7812.jpg

IMG_7831.jpg

IMG_7849.jpg

IMG_7841.jpg

IMG_7821.jpg

Last edited: