62 valiant/lancer filler tube ?

-

DART66GT

62 Lancer GT - B Body 8 3/4
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find out if the filler tube that came with my car is the correct one. Does anybody have 62 filler tube that is not installed that they could measure. Mine is to short to fit in the 63 tank I installed and other members say theirs did fit using the same tank. Any help would be appreciated .

Only real measurement l was able to get is from inside of fender to where it goes through trunk floor is 20 1/2".
Car is on ground and l will have to winch it up on to back of the ramp truck to get up underneath it. I can and will if you need the measurement. But may take a little while.
I have my '63 Valiant wagon on the truck right now.
I also have a '62 Valiant 4door but it is in a even worse place to get to than the Lancer.
Sorry , this may not have helped you much.

I have a '62 Lancer parts car out back. I will try over the weekend to get you a measurement.
I have a filler tube out of a ‘61 Valiant.
upload_2019-3-23_9-34-58.jpeg
Don’t know if it’s the same but it is about 22 7/8 inches from the top of the flange to the end of the large tube measured along the curve.

I have a filler tube out of a ‘61 Valiant. View attachment 1715307909 Don’t know if it’s the same but it is about 22 7/8 inches from the top of the flange to the end of the large tube measured along the curve.
thanks for the measurements.
I just measured mine from back of flange along top of arch and I get 22 -1/8 that would account for the missing length if we measured the same. 61 and 62 had different tanks right?

IMG_20190323_125520482.jpg

IMG_20190323_125415363.jpg

thanks for the measurements.
I just measured mine from back of flange along top of arch and I get 22 -1/8 that would account for the missing length if we measured the same. 61 and 62 had different tanks right?

View attachment 1715307943

View attachment 1715307944

No clue about what filler tube fits what.
Got these cars for body parts.
Been using this body style on my vintage stock car race car.

I noticed that on my 62 Wagon tube, the defector at the bottom is a flat piece of metal, not a round tube like what shows in your pictures. Wonder what that difference is?
Maybe I missed something, do you think you have the wrong tube in your car? Or does the 63 tank an issue with the way it fits into your new tank?

My car came as a bare body and bags and boxes of parts most of them not marked . So I don't know if the parts are from this car. Many of the parts so far have been from different years. I have never seen any of it together so I'm just kind of guessing. I have talked to people who have put a 63 tank in a 62 and and said there filler tube did work.

-
Back